Ft. Lauderdale Dive shop advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edwants2dive

Glowstick
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning on going to Ft. Lauderdale to get in some diving this winter and am looking at doing my AOW at that time. I am looking at 2 operations right now trying to decide. They are Sea Experience and South Florida Diving Headquarters. I would appreciate some input on this and even recommendations of other shops in the area.

I have had great diving with Pompano Dive Center, Scubatyme and SFDH. In that order IMO. Lots of great wrecks to hit for all levels.

I would contact Steve at Gold Coast Scuba - The instructors there are great and everone is very friendly. I would recommend David since isn't Brian in Asia right now? I did get my AOW & nitrox thru them. they also plan boat and shore dives almost every day if not every day so will have plenty of people to dive with..

I've used Sea Experience a few times, their boat is nice, and they seem to take good care of recreational divers.

I've also heard good things about the other shops mentioned here. I know a DM for Scubatyme and they run a nice ship too.

Did my rescue diver class with Gold Coast in Lauderdale by the Sea and was extremely happy with the instruction. I've dove with SFDHQ and have had some really nice dives off of their boats and I like their crews but can't comment on the instructors since I haven't trained with them.

its a little farther north but just dove with Pura Vida Divers in Singer Island and they did a great job dive masters were very [FONT=arial, sans-serif]professional and helpful. The shop was just as good. not sure how far from were you are.but wroth the drive 888-348-3972 [/FONT]

Did my AOW with Sea Experience and would highly recommend. Nice big boat and excellent staff. Very nice staying at the hotels nearby and not needing to rent a car if you are flying in

Thanks for all the sugestions and advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom