West Palm Beach 11/27/15 to 12/6/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and

I know who's cooking in april!:D
Glad to hear you don't subscribe to those silly gender roles but it just wouldn't be right for you to do it all. :)

Today's trip started with rain and conditions that made the Captain worried about his ability to spot drifters. Took extra precautions to make sure everyone could be located, lights, extra SMB's, dropping us all as one group and asking us to stay relatively together and surface on the wreck.

First drop was a negative entry on the Princess Anne, a 340 foot car ferry artifical reef sitting at about 100 feet to the sand. A severe storm in 2002 broke much of it open and most of it has collasped. Viz about 40 feet. Light south current. And Bull sharks! A large shark and one smaller. Didn't make the hunters too happy. One hunter had a Bull come up beneath him to within about 5 feet during his SS. Surfaced to much better conditions then at splash.

Second drop was Drift Dive and once again it was a no current swim and nothing worth mentioning.

....Second drop was Drift Dive and once again it was a no current swim and nothing worth mentioning.

Dove next to the Princess Anne yesterday and had a nice 1.5 knot current and lots of fish life. Moved in shallow and although no current, top to bottom viz, 75 degrees and it was a ton of bugs everywhere on some ugly bottom with a very public number with concrete pipes, etc. You can get a lobster license in 4 minutes while on the water from calling FWC with a credit card. It's that fast and that easy.

Very glad that you are hitting the short window of dive-able weather to enjoy West Palm's great diving.

Glad to hear you don't subscribe to those silly gender roles but it just wouldn't be right for you to do it all. :)

LOL....Not me! That meal sounded excellent after a day of diving....just saying. :wink:

I cook with a cc or its skippy fillets for everyone with option for grape jelly and sweet tea. :cool2:

Great to hear you had some good dives while down in the sunshine state. I cant wait to get down there myself for some hydrotherapy. Good to know on the bug license also.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom