HowardE and John Chatterton on Curse of Oak Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wondered if any of the SB'rs would make an appearance... I am hooked on the show....

Man am I addicted to this...I cursed the tv last night at the end......Howard you looked so calm & cool under pressure.....

I watched the episode last night.
The first one in its entirety that I have to this point for this program.

****Spoiler alert below*****

John lived through the experience.
I ran into him a few weeks ago in Pompton, and he is scheduled to speak this coming Friday evening in FTL at a Broward Maritime Museum event.
I have not seen Howard lately though.
So he might be dead........
Or is just buried getting the new board system to operate to his level of acceptance.

Chug
Hoping I didn't ruin anything for anyone.

Here's a clip from Tuesday Night's episode where John is down in the hole about 200 feet below the surface, and his umbilical gets snagged on a piece of drill bar that bisects the 27" opening.

Man am I addicted to this...I cursed the tv last night at the end......Howard you looked so calm & cool under pressure.....

Thanks... Maybe that was because I was freezing? John at least had hot water in his suit.

I have just gotten into the show and I have just finished season 2 and I have to admit that the dive scared the hell out of me and I enjoy blackwater diving! The divers looked great but the jackhole topside bothered me and I feel the company should have cleared away more hang ups before the divers tried getting to the 27" restriction and debris pile.
I'm looking forward to seeing JC jump in!
The story of the island is fantastic and I have enjoyed this show even if they don't find anything more that a few coin and tunnels!

The divers looked great but the jackhole topside bothered me and I feel the company should have cleared away more hang ups before the divers tried getting to the 27" restriction and debris pile.

John was the first to make it down the 27" restriction in 40 years. The drill bar that was blocking the 27" restriction was inadvertently dropped down there several years ago, there was no way to clear it out.

If you are referring to me as the jackhole who bothered you... Gee thanks

It awesome to see you and John on the show Howard! I got sucked into the show from the very first episode several years ago. I was glad to see they finally brought in divers qualified to safely get the job done. Looking forward to the season finale next week. I sure hope John survives. ;-)

It awesome to see you and John on the show Howard! I got sucked into the show from the very first episode several years ago. I was glad to see they finally brought in divers qualified to safely get the job done. Looking forward to the season finale next week. I sure hope John survives. ;-)

Thanks.

It'll take more than a well to kill off John.

You can also see us both on the after show, "Drilling Down" next week, and we'll discuss some aspects of the dive.

We will also be posting the dive plan on my website, John's website, and FB page. (The producers don't want us sharing any details until after ths how airs, even though the dive plan doesn't reveal any spoilers)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom