Which Mask Are You Using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meDPwuhmdJ39YrEJw9nWWWg.jpg

1. Atomic Frameless
2. Scubapro Frameles
3. Mares X Vision (original)
4. Omer Alien for freediving

I have black and clear in each. I rarely find a mask I cannot use, most fit me just fine. Field of view and quality are number one for me.

N

1. Atomic Frameless
2. Scubapro Frameles

N

Is there a big difference between the Atomic Frameless and the SP version? I have always used the SP Frameless (for about 20 years now I think) but never tried the Atomic one.

I was diving with the original Scubapro frameless mask for many years. They did have a tendency for the skirt to peel off the lens after a while. Scubapro was always good at replacing them for me. I tried a lot of masks, being a store owner I pretty much had access to any mask in the market. reps were always very acomodating to send me a mask to check it out. I wanted a mask I could fold and put into my wetsuit/drysuit pocket as a back up on l prolonged deco dives, thus the choice for the frameless mask. I found a mask that fits me (very important to note, everybody has a different face structure) very well. If you have a chance go to your TUSA dealer and try the M-212 Ceos mask, I have the PRO version (M-212S) which has all the whisltes and bangs. I love the mask .Being in the business since 1979 I have always looked at TUSA (Tabata) as ahead of everybody when it comes to masks.

I was using Halcyon single window, but I started using a Sea Vision Ultra this past summer because I now need reading glasses and Dan Humble of Dive Tech Training Centre in Mallorytown sold me his personal mask since his installed readers were my near vision Rx. I was diving in contact lenses, but I just had cataract surgery which corrected vision to 20/25 left with better near vision and 20/20 right. Can't dive for a month, but I'm wondering if I'll need the gauge readers now. Excited to get back in the water and find out.

SP Solo

I was diving with the original Scubapro frameless mask for many years. They did have a tendency for the skirt to peel off the lens after a while. Scubapro was always good at replacing them for me. I tried a lot of masks, being a store owner I pretty much had access to any mask in the market. reps were always very acomodating to send me a mask to check it out. I wanted a mask I could fold and put into my wetsuit/drysuit pocket as a back up on l prolonged deco dives, thus the choice for the frameless mask. I found a mask that fits me (very important to note, everybody has a different face structure) very well. If you have a chance go to your TUSA dealer and try the M-212 Ceos mask, I have the PRO version (M-212S) which has all the whisltes and bangs. I love the mask .Being in the business since 1979 I have always looked at TUSA (Tabata) as ahead of everybody when it comes to masks.

If you are looking for a comfortable, mask that has unrestricted visibility, and one that can be folded into a pocket - then you should consider the MAKO Minimus mask.

This mask can be folded flat to a very thin and compact package because the buckles are attached to sides of the skirt, NOT the edges of a mask frame. This helps to prevent damage to the buckles, should the mask be dropped, but also allows the skirt to be folded inward toward the center of the mask without any damage or concern. The small size, foldable nature and excellent visibility may make this the perfect pocket (back up) mask.

This mask fits almost everyone, I am so confident about fit and comfort that we will accept returns if you are not delighted with this mask. It is also a GREAT freedive mask as well.

Do not be surprised by the "MAKO DIRECT" price for this quality mask. I sell direct, which means this mask is made for MAKO and I sell it direct to the diver. There is no importer-wholesaler-retail supply chain to add costs.

Minimus

MMM-2T.jpg

mmm-buckle-mount_dtl.jpg

mask-travel-box_dtl.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom