Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC:
If anyone in the South Florida area is still out of power and needs a place to store food or anything I have a large upright freezer you can can store in and right now it is loaded with blocks of ice. Please let me know if you need ice or a place to keep stuff. I will be happy to come to you.

Wish I was closer to you folks up north and west and could help out more.

I find it totally unbelievable that I am moving to Florida in a few weeks. All I have to put up with where I live now is traffic and earthquakes.... But very poor job opportunities.

So, give me a month and I will join the mayhem and madness that seems to be the norm...... Anyone know anything about RV parks in the St. Augustine/Jax area?

Thanks!

Jeff

I look forward to the fact that NEXT year, I will have a bunker style home that many people can hide out in. It will have it's own generator and should have plenty of room for evacuees. This wondering if I have a home tomorrow stuff is not somehing I'm fond of. Every heavy breeze makes me wonder what condition my home is in. If that one is broken by the trees, or if every breeze scatters my belongings further around the trailer park. I am planning for the worst, hoping for the best. I expect to be able to head home late tomorrow possibly. Even if only to see how bad things are. After tomorrow, I will probably be offline for the rest of the week. Best of wishes to all.

Hey, hope everybody is doing well and safe.

Here in SW Kendall some neighborhoods lost power and some trees were downed but that was the extent of it. We did have gusts of 7mph but they were few.

For those that were hardest hit if there is anything Josie or I can do to help please let us know.

Juan

I'll be heading down i-95 on Tuesday, does anyone need ice.

Hey - if anyone in the vicinity of Ft Myers needs any help, let me know... have chainsaw and big cooler...will travel regionally (gota watch traveling with a gas shortage). :)

Pretty much all clear here now. Spent the morning cleaning out the yard and gutters on the roadside with neighbours. Not much damage around us, power came back on last night. Tornados just missing us. Sounds like everyone came through ok, just waiting for next weekend and Ivan coming up the centre of FL from Homestead straight up the middle :wink:

still w/out power, but ok. spent the day with chainsaw and ladder but all of the fallen trees (a large cedar and two baby pines) are now at the curb.

our neighbourghood lost lots of old oaks. we were lucky and none of the oaks on our lot or near us fell.

if it werent for the power we-d be all set.

hang in there conchs

Hi all!

We were pretty fortunate. Other than a few lost shingles, fence gate, and several big branches from my formerly known as my shade tree. Everyone is telling me that it will come back... It looks pretty bare right now. I have a huge pile of maple by the street. I should save some to put on my lathe, but... I'd rather see it go. I spent most of the day cutting the branches to firewood size pieces. Too bad I don't have a fireplace.

I still can't see the damage on my roof. I can tell there's damage, but I can't see how much damage I have. It's too high up. I'll carefully climb up there to get a good look and see if I can fix it.

I still don't have any power... and I don't expect to see my lights turn on for at least 4 or 5 more days. I took 5 days after Erin, and 3 days after Irene. This one was a lot worst.

I hope we start hearing from the rest of the Conchs pretty soon. It's been quiet.

Al

Happy to hear from all of you and that the damage is fairly minor. Its a relief to see you all checking in.
Renee

The Wolf Pack is safe. Maneater and Lil'B Rode the storm out at my parent's house. My Dad had a large tree limb tear open the side of their craft shop, and are still without phone, water and power. They have an RV with it's own gen and Dad has a stand by for the house so they can run AC when they need it, and the fridge stays cool. Minimal lighting. I'm heading there tomorrow and will be off line for the rest of the week. My comps are still packed until after Ivan does what he's gonna do. I work next weekend and will update then.
My place is practically unscathed. I DO have some photos of the trailer windward of us. Their place is totalled and holding up a big oak right now. I'm still tying to reach Gibbon, but his house is really well sheltered by trees and should have done better than mine even. (hopefully)
After all this is over, I am ready for the Ginnie party to blow off some stress and dive like crazy! Anyone in Central Florida need anything? We now have power and phone back. Still under a boil water order here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom