Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally a lull! It was a long night and an even longer morning in Melbourne. So far, I've found minimal damage to my house. Lost some shingles on the south east side of the house. I can't tell how many, because it's on the second story and I can't really see that section of roof. Fence gate fell over... lost my maple tree which took out my neighbor's orange tree. Other than the lack of power... we're doing OK... generator is now running... and the beer stayed cold in the fridge.

CudaChaser... how's life on Cocoa Beach? A friend of mine evacuated here from Cocoa Beach, and now he wants to get back across the causeway.

Al

watch out for the tail end of the storm, though!

the worst gusts didn't hit New Smyrna beach until the back eye-wall went through

CBulla:
Hey, I was flippin back through pages here and found my prediction - I scare myself sometimes :D

yup... you were right on!

:dazzler1:

Its good to be home.
I live in a trailer park and we left to stay at a friend’s house to ride out the storm. I got home and every thing is just as we left it. We did not loose electric or cable here and at my friends house the dish never even blinked.
I hope every one is safe

Thanks

Brian

Hey, I heard from Jenny a little while ago - she and hermit crab are happy and safe! They had lost power for some 15 hours, but have no phone (or DSL). Still wain on a few folks over there to pipe up.. or call :D

well, all... we've been without power since 8 pm (using pda now). we had some tornados to the N and S of us.
a tree fell on the house but did only
minor damage and no leaks.

lots of wind atm with crap flying around. hope eueryone is doing ok

Grandma's house had two trees fall on it. A guy at work had a tree fall on his house. Dad lost the top of a big pine near his house. I won't even be able to SEE my trailer until sometime Tuesday morning, most likely. I hope there is no structural damage. If there has been, MANY things will be destroyed, damaged or possibly stolen by the roaches. We have a bunch of those little pests in my neighborhood. I am dreading going home, and expecting the worst.

If anyone in the South Florida area is still out of power and needs a place to store food or anything I have a large upright freezer you can can store in and right now it is loaded with blocks of ice. Please let me know if you need ice or a place to keep stuff. I will be happy to come to you.

Wish I was closer to you folks up north and west and could help out more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom