dauin dumaguete or Komodo ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I enjoy the dive at Komodo(liveaboard) more than Dauin. Dauin offers macro and Komodo is on bigger stuff. Two different types of diving.
But if you need phone and internet all days then you should enquire with the operators.

You should consider Puerto Galera in Philippines if telecommunication is a must. Most of the dive sites are within 15mins(boat ride) and the boat only goes out for one dive and then return to base.

Last edited:
Thanks

The quality of diving in Puerto Galera is the some of Dauin ?
Diving in Komodo from land with Blue Marlin Dive is a option ?

Dauin on its own is mainly macro(shore dive). But Apo Island(day trip) is about reef and wall.
PG is an all rounder ie bit of everything including night-life. In Dauin you more or less dive, eat and sleep from the resort while you have all kinds of choices in PG.

SB is "invading" these two places this June/July and there are plenty info available in the respective section. Look it up.

I have only been to liveaboard in Komodo so no comment about the land based operation. But I do believe most interesting sites are quite a distance away. So you might have problem in receiving signal for you phone. Iridium phone should be useful.

If you like nudi(from your photo) then you should try Anilao. It is just across the channel from PG but mainly resort based operation. As far as I am concern, Anilao is better than Dauin. The dive boat tends to go out for two dives in the morning so phone signal could be problematic over that period. However, since most of the sites are not really that far away from the resort so signal might not be a problem afterall. You have to ask.

Last edited:
Hi Ppina,
Greetings from Marco Vincent dive resort, we are based on White Beach, Puerto Galera. Please consider us for a diving vacation, April is a great time to visit and one of the good reasons to dive with us is that we even have WIFI on our dive boats, so you can even get your emails in betweeen your dives. Have a look at www.mvdive.com and i'll be happy to answer any questions that you have.
Cheers
Kris

Hi Ppina,
Greetings from Marco Vincent dive resort, we are based on White Beach, Puerto Galera. Please consider us for a diving vacation, April is a great time to visit and one of the good reasons to dive with us is that we even have WIFI on our dive boats, so you can even get your emails in betweeen your dives. Have a look at www.mvdive.com and i'll be happy to answer any questions that you have.
Cheers
Kris
thanks

I stayed at Liquid Dauin - Dumaguete and the internet worked fine, bit slow but I was able to update my instagram on daily basis.

For Komodo land based, I stayed in Sebayur Island (only one resort in this island) and they have internet connection. Bit pricy if you want to have it for your room. While in Labuan Bajo, the internet connection was "okay" back then, I supposed now should have better connection :)

I cant make live aboard I need phone and internet all days .

I have only been to liveaboard in Komodo so no comment about the land based operation. But I do believe most interesting sites are quite a distance away.

If you get a local sim card like Telkomsel's Simpati plan you should get a 3G signal "most" days. I was aboard Adelaar Cruises.com and they anchored or moored the boat in a area with a signal almost every night (with the exception on Langkoi & Horseshoe bays, which was a total of 1 1/2 days). Most of the larger boats offer free Wifi "where available", but plans are cheap so you can buy your own too. I get 8GB for 57,000IDR or about $4.36 valid for 1 month. Trust me the crew knows where to go to pick up a signal, they want to talk to their friends and loved ones between shifts/duties too.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom