What are your top 7 dives and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave,

Thanks for sharing, the monk seal looks very calm and it looks like he hung around for awhile! Very Cool.

One thought, it doesn't look like you have a red filter on your video? It may help to bring out the color a little more.

Thanks for sharing!

1 The Sinai before Israel gave it back. 2 Straits of Mackinac in Michigan. 3 Mt Point in Ketchikan Alaska. 4 Duane wreck in Key Largo. 5. Bloody Bay Wall in Little Cayman.
6. Bluff Rd in Traverse City Michigan 7 drift dive 5 lots south of my house in Alaska and ending in my backyard.

Dave,

Thanks for sharing, the monk seal looks very calm and it looks like he hung around for awhile! Very Cool.

One thought, it doesn't look like you have a red filter on your video? It may help to bring out the color a little more.

Thanks for sharing!

I had the filter but if fell off inside the housing and I did not want to open it. In hindsight, I should have.

My bucket list includes Cocos, Palau, SA Sardine Run, Great Barrier Reef, and East Coast U.S. wrecks. I've managed to cross a few Hawaiian destinations on my list and every time, it becomes a goal to get back. Goals already checked off:

Manta dive-Kona
Pelagic night dive-Kona
Northwestern Hawaiian Islands-Kure (You like monk seals?)
Whale Shark snorkel-Kona

Seahound,

You mentioned Croatia. I've guided land tours there for years but never had the opportunity to dive. This summer I may just get that opportunity. Ports would be Opatija, Trogir, Dubrovnik and Rovinj. I know nothing about diving there. Do you have some suggestions? I heard there is a good wreck off Dubrovnik? Any and all info is welcome, you can PM me if you want, thanks!

My post dive list, so far:

1. The Pacific-The Bismark Sea/PNG-New Britain - Fathers and Witu's- Big Sharks to small nudi's, incredible coral fields, soft coral, cuttle fish
2. The Pacific & Coral Sea/GBR-north east Australia-Minke whales to flashlightfish, hunting whitetips, Potato Cod
3. The Red Sea-Egypt-Big Napolean wrasse, soft coral, hunting jacks, giant eels
4. Caribbean/Little Cayman&Brac - Bloody Bay-colorful sponges, occasional shark, Manta, dolphin, turtles
5. The Indian Ocean/Sodwanna Bay/South Africa, Big Raggies, potato cod
6. The Pacific/Hawaii-Big Island & Molokini, Mantas, some sharks, water clarity, dolphins
7. Caribbean/Turks&Caicos -west Caicos, shark, Big stingrays, walls...this ties with Cayman Brac- shark, dolphin, flying gunards, various eels, lots of turtles, seahorse

Last edited:
Thanks sierra23! Yes, it seems that as you progress in diving, at some point you go "small". Please tell me about the Monk Seals in Ni Ihau, that's a new one to me!

How's the diving in Wasila, Alaska! Are you DMing up there?

Mantagirl: I just found your reply today. if you haven't tried the Monk Seals go fot it. Usually it is only available in the summer months. Seasports has a fast boat - Marvin should be able to line you out. I got certified in Alaska only and decided very early in my diving that I only enjoy warm water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom