Run time view ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gorcio

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

any chance to put a feature into the software allowing for a display of full run-time (deco stops) as calculated for the moment of viewing ?
I mean for both Petrel 2 and Perdix :)

Kind regards,
gorcio

Last edited:
How would that be different from Time To Surface, which is already available?

How would that be different from Time To Surface, which is already available?
TTS gives you time, what I am looking for is Time at Depth, broken into deco stops, from deepest to shallowest, preferably as a separate screen. Lets not discuss the importance of planning/executing, keeping spare and alternative runtimes etc. If such feature is possible - I would really like to have it, just like I had it in my previous computer until it died.

Hi gorcio,

The Shearwater dive computers already have this feature.

During a dive, if you run the Dive Planner it will display the deco stop schedule. No parameters need to be entered, it just uses the current depth, tissue loading, and gases. In OC mode it also lists gas quantities required (for this is uses the last entered RMV from running the Dive Planner on the surface).

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Tyler Coen
Shearwater Research

I have never tried to enter dive planner while underwater never occurred to me to do this.

@tcoen
Does the underwater Dive Planner mode update automatically or do I have to exit and re enter it to refresh it?

Wow. Never realized you can activate dive planner in actual dives. Will this time out after a few seconds, i.e. Revert back to main screen? Would be geat to be able to toggle from main screen to dive planner.

I went back and this feature has a whole 2 lines in the manual that I guess I overlooked.

This also true of the Predators? I confess I hadn't thought to look.

Any of the v34 features going to get thrown onto the Predator? Flashing dil PO2, Dive log naming and navigation changes, and tissue graph not timing out would be welcome, and I would hope wouldn't take up too much of the limited memory on the Predator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom