Info Care to share what you have your Shearwater displaying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fastmarc

Just drifting along...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm not a Tech diver, so I left my perdix in the OC rec mode and customized the display to show what I was interested in seeing.
However, I recently switched it over to Tec mode and just love the flexibility it gives for the info you want to see better displayed without the use of 'mini' displays. That being said, I did want one additional thing to be displayed, but didn't have anymore room, until I discovered that they now allowed 'mini' in the bottom row in Tec, which was a part of their update with the release of the Perdix 2/petrel3(?). Interestingly, I guess it is now easier for Perdix AI users to use the Perdix 2 manuals since it has all the new features in it and basically everything applies to the Perdix AI besides the vibrate alerts.

That said, my current display is:

Bottom: 'Mini' displaying TTS (cannot be removed), Ascent rate and GTR. I have a pretty good SAC, so the GTR isn't really that necessary since I run out of NDL on deeper dives before gas, but couldn't decide on anything else.
Center: GF99, SurfGF and T1
Top: The 'Mini' caused the NDL to be displayed in the top row which I found better suited for me. Clear is selected and this gives me the time count during the safety stop (which would be displayed after any deco stops for those who do deco).

Curious to see what others chose to have displayed. Might see a few suggestions whether you're Rec or Tec. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: OTF
I dive with 2 Shearwaters ... a Perdix AI and a Perdix 2. I have a transmitter on both my primary and my pony. Primary is T1, pony is T2.

Perdix 2 on my right wrist with:
  • Mix | Mini display with T1 pressure/SAC/GTR | Mini display with SfGF, PO2, temp
Perdix AI on my left wrist. I have the main screen setup just like my Perdix 2 but I will typically keep this computer turned to the 4th display (right after the compass) which shows:
  • T1 pressure | Mini display with GTR and SAC for T1 | T2 pressure

When I just got the Perdix AI, I had the Rec display showing the SAC, but found myself too fixated on it during the dive and even ended up with a headache after which I figured was caused by doing some unconscious skip breathing. Pretty silly as my normal RMV is around a little above 0.3. In fact my last couple SACs wee in the 10s. I took that **** off. LOL

Oh, you wanted all of the numerical jibber jabber and not the striking photos on the Perdix "splash screen" of Dallae, the famed chain smoking chimpanzee of Pyongyang, who lights her own cigarettes?

Your loss . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2800.JPG
    IMG_2800.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 1.47.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 1.47.44 PM.png
    331.4 KB · Views: 366
I use my Perdix set in rec mode, so 2/3s of the bottom row is what is configurable.
For the right side position, I have this set to T1 Pressure.
For the center position, I have a mini display showing the following: SurfGF, GTR, GF99

I use my Perdix set in rec mode, so 2/3s of the bottom row is what is configurable.
For the right side position, I have this set to T1 Pressure.
For the center position, I have a mini display showing the following: SurfGF, GTR, GF99
Belzelbub, if you have a moment some time would you post a picture of your Perdix setup? Thanks.

Sure. I'll have to do it a bit later when I get home….
Sure. I'll have to do it a bit later when I get home.
Hey Belzelbub, thanks tor the offer of the photo. I figured out how to do it, so no need for a photo. From the manual I was under fhe impression there was only the example mini-display. I got my computer out and figured out you can configure that with various combinations. It’s brilliant. Thanks again.

Hey Belzelbub, thanks tor the offer of the photo. I figured out how to do it, so no need for a photo. From the manual I was under fhe impression there was only the example mini-display. I got my computer out and figured out you can configure that with various combinations. It’s brilliant. Thanks again.
Too late. I just took it, so here it is. It used to be that you could not configure the mini display, but this functionality was added in a firmware update.

Attachments

• IMG_3912.jpeg
    IMG_3912.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 424
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom