Info Care to share what you have your Shearwater displaying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, does this mean that i can setup mini-displays at the peregrine. I couldn't find this option reading the the german manual! Could i configure 2 mini-displays including gf99, surfgf, tts, @+5, max-depth, temp?
Thanks for your answer.
I believe mini displays are only available in the Perdix and Petrel when using the OC Tec or CC/BO modes, so not in the Peregrine.

Hi, does this mean that i can setup mini-displays at the peregrine. I couldn't find this option reading the the german manual! Could i configure 2 mini-displays including gf99, surfgf, tts, @+5, max-depth, temp?
Thanks for your answer.
The post you're replying to has a shot of a Peregrine with mini displays. I don't have one, but on the Perdix in rec mode you get it by chosing "MINI 1" or "MINI 2" in System Setup -> Bottom Row and then you get a Setup button to change the contents of them.

hi, the picture is why I was so surprised - have been studying the manuals of the peregrine and perdix 2 for quite a while and thought that mini displays weren't possible at the peregrine. If they would be possible I would probably go for the peregrine, if they arent I gonna buy a perdix (but almost 500€ more for mini-displays and the possibility to get AI in the future is quite a lot).

have been studying the manuals of the peregrine and perdix 2 for quite a while and thought that mini displays weren't possible at the peregrine
Indeed, I see no mention of mini displays in the Peregrine manual. But the shot above and the general feeling that the rec mode on Perdix and the Peregrine are equivalent (minus compass/AI) indicates it should have them.

In keeping with the spirit of the "show and tell" thread theme, here's my current setup. I've gone back to rec mode and reduced the amount of information on display, keeping it slightly more minimal.

IMG_0684.jpeg

I believe mini displays are only available in the Perdix and Petrel when using the OC Tec or CC/BO modes, so not in the Peregrine.
Not sure about the Peregrine, but mini displays are absolutely available on the Perdix in the Rec modes. Which, I would assume would also mean it's available on the Peregrine, but as I don't have one, I can't confirm it.

Not sure about the Peregrine, but mini displays are absolutely available on the Perdix in the Rec modes. Which, I would assume would also mean it's available on the Peregrine, but as I don't have one, I can't confirm it.

Mini displays are available on the Peregrine. They display on the bottom row, in the center and right positions (just like on the Perdix in Rec mode). The options are essentially the same as for the Perdix (but no compass or AI).

Thanks for your answer.
It might have been a feature that came with an update. They frequently add features via these updates. Check to see if you are on the newest release, then I would suggest going to Shearwater's website and check the release notes on the releases for details on how to configure.

Mini displays are available on the Peregrine. They display on the bottom row, in the center and right positions (just like on the Perdix in Rec mode). The options are essentially the same as for the Perdix (but no compass or AI).
The mini displays aren't mentioned in the current Peregrine user manual. Go to the info row setup and the mimi displays should be there. Let us all know.

Personally, I'm probably going for the Tern TX as a backup to my Teric.

I use the mini displays in my Peregrine (firmware v84). I checked and did not see them in the manual (2020-07-06), odd.

Back
Top Bottom