Poor experience with Discovery Diving, NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John512

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A word of warning to anybody booking with discovery diving that has to cancel, make sure to verify a dive is full before asking for a refund. My wife booked a week of diving a month ago but had to cancel it a few weeks back due to a work situation. We were of course aware of the standard policy of having to refill the charters for a refund.

Today we call up today asking if one of the charters we wanted a refund on was full, they said the night dive was full. We then asked for a refund they then said it was actually not full and would only refund us if the night dive filled up this afternoon. After some back and forth they refused a refund. When we asked him for his name he hung up so we will now the only way to get our money back is a charge-back.

Sorry you had a bad experience.
I'd like to hear their side of the story before commenting on your side of the story.

Are you saying you believe the person you spoke with lied about the charter not being full? Except for the suspicious act of apparently changing his answer from "full" to "not (yet) full," how can you know the person was not being truthful?

Are you saying you believe the person you spoke with lied about the charter not being full? Except for the suspicious act of apparently changing his answer from "full" to "not (yet) full," how can you know the person was not being truthful?

We canceled 3-4 weeks before the charter when there were only one or two others on the boat. The website the day of said the charter was full. When we called they said the charter was full. Once we asked for a refund they refused and said it was not actually full.

Did you get a screen shot of the website indicating the charter was full? That would be some powerful evidence.

Sorry you had this bad experience. Debbie and the guys at DDC have always done right by me when I've dealt with them.
Maybe the ride was full and the capt told the guys his boat was full to not take anymore passengers. Then someone cancels and the guy at the desk "didn't get the memo" and told you it was full but when he pulled it up on the computer it showed seats still available?

There's usually 2 or 3 guys at the counter and working around the store. Wouldn't be difficult for one guy to see the charter is full, another guy to take your call and tell you it's full while another guy is logged on canceling a passenger, creating an empty seat.

Hope you get it worked out so everyone is satisfied.

I had a heck of a time getting the only guy there that could get my crease bands... Three weeks of calling and getting my number and telling me he would call me back.
Finally had to get Debbie on the phone to get a call back.

Ended up ordering online. They as cressi dealer and should be able to handle a simple band order....

I find a one month cancelation rediculous. Why I dive out of Wrightsville Beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom