Galileo Luna/Terra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smk82

Registered
Reaction score
I currently dive a galileo luna with PMG upgrade and find it an excellent computer. I did want a backup however in case it went down, so recently bought a used galileo Terra from Ebay.

The software version was v1.0-1.2 (I forget). I reset to factory settings and began upgrading software so I could use the PMG. I accidentally loaded v1.7 (not 1.6), and when I tried to load PMG, it stated SW update failed, please try again.

Now the PMG upgrade I have is the one I used on my Luna, and so I have a question - is the reason for not being able to upgrade the PMG because I have 1.7 on the computer (despite all the PMG upgrade says is it must be >1.6) or is it because the luna upgrade isn't compatible as I noticed the below note on the download page for the PMG on the scubapro website?

"On this site you will be able to enter the information that we need in order to process your request and provide you with a file tailored specifically to your Galileo."

i.e. so a PMG upgrade for a luna is NOT the same as a terra and I would have to purchase a fresh PMG upgrade? Please can someone clarify?

Or have I got to send the computer back to scubapro to get the software reset?

I finally got an answer from Scubapro - I need a completely fresh PMG upgrade to place onto the Terra.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom