Travel Friendly BCD (but not a "Travel BCD")

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So for those of you who dive travel BCDs like the Zuma, Oceanic BioLite, Cressi Air Travel, Zeagle Covert/Scout, DiveRite TravelPac, etc. - do you do any cold water diving those BCDs? Or do you have an additional BCD with more weight and lift capacity for cold water?

Thanks, this has been very helpful.

The SP Equator referenced above can do both. It has the features and lift to do both.

They produced a 'professional' model Zuma that had 50mm webbing and stainless steel d-rings and is generally more solid. I have a friend with one, its a better option than the consumer model.
In the US this was a limited edition for instructors and wasnt available to the public. I was lucky enough to get one used. I don't know why Aqualung just doesnt offer this as a heavy duty option. Maybe not cost effective. Is the "Pro" model offered as an option in Australia?

Hi. This is Kathy Long with DUI - and OMS. We are putting together our diver newsletter and we will be featuring the OMS IQ Lite harness system. It's modular in design. Here is information we will be sending out...

2017_dnl_iq_lite.jpg

OMS is well known for high performance modular dive equipment. With the introduction of the IQ Lite we've brought high performance dive equipment to the dive traveler. Hit the friendly skies AND now bring your dive gear with you. At only 5.6 lbs fully loaded you can forgo extra baggage fees and always have your favorite dive gear.

IQ Lite Harness MSRP $215 - IQ Lite - OMSDive
27lb Performance Mono Wing $275 - Performance Mono Wing - OMSDive
Ballast System MSRP $66.00 - OMS Ballast System Vertical - OMSDive
CAM Bands MSRP $22 ea - 2" Nylon Cam Band with Plastic Buckle - OMSDive

IQ Package regular price (includes above components) MSRP $600 SPECIAL IQ PACKAGE OFFER MSRP $400

Helpful link: Pete Nawrocky video clip of the IQ Lite features and benefits -
These can be purchased from an OMS Dealer - OMS Distributors Dealers

Thank you!

In the US this was a limited edition for instructors and wasnt available to the public. I was lucky enough to get one used. I don't know why Aqualung just doesnt offer this as a heavy duty option. Maybe not cost effective. Is the "Pro" model offered as an option in Australia?
The same in Australia, hence the 'Professional' tagging.

Hello.

I buy my first BCD and I choose between these:

- ScubaPro Equator
- Aqualung Axiom
- ScubaPro Litehawk

What of this compensators is good for cold water, warm water at home in travel destination and is safe and comfort?

Is big different between lift 130 and 150N?

Please for help :)

I would NEVER buy anything scuba from Cressi at all, not anymore!!! Not their regulators, not computers and not their BC's!! Cressi may make good free and spearfishing gear, but not scuba!

Now there's an opinion worth every cent we paid for it...:soapbox:

I am also a warm water, travel diver and highly recommend the Scubapro Go, their travel BC. Lightweight but with enough structure that you are seeking. Integrated weights, very comfortable, Scubapro quality, plenty of lift, folds up into a small pouch. Was in Belize and one of the Divemasters, who dives every day, also had one.

I am also a warm water, travel diver and highly recommend the Scubapro Go, their travel BC. Lightweight but with enough structure that you are seeking. Integrated weights, very comfortable, Scubapro quality, plenty of lift, folds up into a small pouch. Was in Belize and one of the Divemasters, who dives every day, also had one.

This was the exact route I went with today for my first purchase. When he folded it up for me my mind blew an o-ring. Very light weight. Still had the weight pouches and a built in back up reg. Now I just have to figure out what 1st stage regulator to go with it.

SP Hydros is a great BC and it is convenient for travel. It folds nicely and has several travel related features. It is a bit expensive but worth checking out. It comes with a travel backpack that holds my BC, regulator, computer, and mask. Fins attach to the outside. Perfect for carry on.

Hello,
I have been on a similar quest. I'm was thinking seriously about the Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe. It's lightweight, packs well, has weight systems available as options and is reasonably priced. I ultimately decided on a plate and wing setup but would have almost certainly purchased this BCD if I had not.

Express Tech Deluxe

Back
Top Bottom