Angel island resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm off on a long overdue holiday in May and i'd like to tie in some dives. My girlfriend will be completing her open water course in Bali with an instructor i met on a liveaboard in Komodo.

We will do some dives around Bali and see some of the tourist sights as she hasn't been before. I really need a good diving fix. Obviously for a newly qualified diver a liveaboard around Komodo is not possible. However, i was thinking land based we might both be satisfied. Are there easy dives around Komodo? I've seen a place called Angel island resort which is based from what i can tell on a small island and offers diving. All the reports i can find are from quite a few years ago when they seemed to be affiliated with a company called reefseekers.

Any info on Angel Resort or other land based diving would be really appreciated. mid to high end range of accommodation, i'm trying to ease her in gently, she wont be happy with a hut and cold shower.. Thanks guys

PS i really need to get back to batu bolong its been too long :)

We stayed at Angel Island Christmas of 2015 for a week. And we loved it. Definitely NOT the hut and cold shower type. I never left a Trip Advisor review, but I should have, they so deserve it. The place is very very nice. The rooms are beautiful. The service is amazing. The food is very good and plentiful, soft drinks were included in the rate. And alcohol was reasonable. And yes, we dove Batu Bolong, which was my favorite.....Most of the time, we were the only divers on the boat. It took about an hour to hour and half to get to the sites, but it was a comfortable ride. The dive boat was large. We managed the currents just fine, dove with lots of Mantas and had a blast. They took us to Rinca Island to visit with the dragons too....

Let me put it this way.....After Angel Island, we went to Wakatobi for a week. If you ask me which one I would go back to I would tell you "Angel Island"...for sure. Komodo is a special place....

Sounds like you had an amazing time

Are you both experienced divers? We're there any options to dive in calmer sites. I have done a few nice and gentle dives in the park all from a liveaboard though. I'm trying to work out whether my partner will have enough diving to keep her occupied.

We are experienced, but heck, who wants to dive in washing machines? I hate current. I take pictures, my better half does video and we love long, slow dives.... The couple that ran the dive shop, Ed and Camilla (not sure if they are still there) were very conservative and a few times we pulled up to a site just to determine that it was undiveable. I wanted to go back to Batu Bolong but we couldn't due to current. I think you will be just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom