Cootwo Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carbon monoxide used to be able to be purchased from BOC but after a man killed his whole family in Sydney a few months ago by plumbing CO to the rooms of the house and getting the cylinders from them, it seems to have withdrawn it from easy purchase.

Hi Tbar
I am in same situation as you, only that I live in Switzerland.
Besides the complex CO2 calibration it was really annoying that the IOs App doesn't work after calibration expiration. But at least you can use the CooTwo as a standalone O2 analyzer.
You are actually looking at CO, Carbon Monoxide, not CO2 Carbon Dioxide.
No the CooTwo will not do O2 when the CO needs calibration.

For me it seems the cheapest and easiest way to buy a new calibrated sensor.

@DiveNav
When I buy a new CO2 Sensor from your Website, does it comes already calibrated? Can I just replace the old one and thats it? Or do I have to calibrate the hole CooTwo after replacement?

A sensor will need calibration. It is basically the same as doing the O2 each time you use the device, but the CO once a year.

Carbon monoxide used to be able to be purchased from BOC but after a man killed his whole family in Sydney a few months ago by plumbing CO to the rooms of the house and getting the cylinders from them, it seems to have withdrawn it from easy purchase.
I have found one source, but the cost is high. I will try to find someone who can calibrate the device at a reasonable price.

Sorry, was too early in the morning. Of course I meant the carbonmonoxide.

Regarding the Oxigen analyzing. I can indeed use the CooTwo for oxigen analysis and calibration as standalone unit. What doesn't work is the oxigen anlaysis with the NitroxBuddy App.

Sorry, was too early in the morning. Of course I meant the carbonmonoxide.

Regarding the Oxigen analyzing. I can indeed use the CooTwo for oxigen analysis and calibration as standalone unit. What doesn't work is the oxigen anlaysis with the NitroxBuddy App.
Interesting, I couldn't get it to go into calibrate mode for o2 either stand-alone or via the app. Maybe operator error. Be good if there was a manual (that is easy to find if it exists) to confirm expected functionality.
TB

Not sure of cost but have you tried a instrument calibration service like TR calibration (part of tech rentals) I'm planning on getting a COOtwo from the Kickstarter so would be good to know.

......Besides the complex CO2 calibration it was really annoying that the IOs App doesn't work after calibration expiration. .....
I guess you mean CO sensor......
We will look into this and modify the app so it can still function.

......@DiveNav
When I buy a new CO2 Sensor from your Website, does it comes already calibrated? Can I just replace the old one and thats it? Or do I have to calibrate the hole CooTwo after replacement?
I guess you mean CO sensor......
When you replace the CO sensor it must be calibrated.
If you send in your cootwo we will calibrate the CO sensor for you.

@DiveNav, can you confirm if the Cootwo is meant to be able to still analyse O2 when the CO sensor need calibration?

We will look into this and modify the app so it can still function.
Are you proposing to modify the App to all O2 calibration and analysis when CO needs calibration?

Thanks

Not sure of cost but have you tried a instrument calibration service like TR calibration (part of tech rentals) I'm planning on getting a COOtwo from the Kickstarter so would be good to know.
I have a quote from a calibrator, $185. I am stunned, it should be a 10 minute process.

Last edited:
I have talked to calibrators and gas suppliers in Australia. The problem I have found is they do not use CO in a concentrations as low as 20ppm and don't have the gas in stock. Hence, to get a calibration done they have to specially order the gas and the smallest cylinder is 103 litre. CO is seen as a dangerous gas so freight is expensive over $100 between cities.

Now if the Cootwo could be calibrated with 50ppm it's likely the calibrator's would have gas on hand!

The calibrator's were also concerned that the device should be calibrated to 'medical' standards with a 'medical' gas, that is to a finer tolerance than the industrial gas.

Back
Top Bottom