Laguna Solo Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricTheDood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Title explains it all.

How's Laguna these days for diving solo? I read that they stopped enforcing the snorkel rule but what about the buddy rule? I have a slung pony. Most of the threads on this subject are anywhere from a couple years to a decade old. Thinking about doing Shaw's.

Thanks.

I dove Divers Cove two weeks ago. There were two solo divers there during the time I was there. They said that the solo diving rule is not being enforced anymore and they dive there solo all the time now. I would check though with one of the life guards, or someone from the city. I have not gone solo anywhere in Laguna just cause I haven't been sure.

I used to carry a snorkel duct-taped to the back of my tank while diving in Laguna Beach. The law doesn't specify where it has to be. The last time I solo dived there the Lifeguard came running up as I was exiting and asked where my buddy was. I said she was at work and he got pretty upset. He said he would let me off with a warning. I haven't dived in Laguna for eight years now.

I dove divers cove a few times last year solo.
The lifeguard would always ask me about how long I would be out, I said about 70-80 minutes.
No problem.
I would enter at divers cove and exit at heisler park area, there is a nice shower at the bottom of the ramp.
I would then let the lifeguard know I was back.
Can't speak to using a snorkel, sometimes I do for shore dives if I do a long swim out.

Back
Top Bottom