Is PayPal normal/No Credit Cards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdpdrum345

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone had experience with Indonesia not being easy to use credit cards? I am looking to book with NAD Lambeh at the end of this year and they are asking me to use paypal with someones email. While I did contact them directly and have been in correspondence with them through the hotels email, it does seem a little sketchy. Any feedback? Thanks.

If it sounds sketchy, keep looking. We use Paypal@ScubaBoard.com for our PayPal needs. It's obvious who we are and we're not going anywhere.

I've not used Paypal in Indonesia (yet) but foreign remote transactions with credit cards are a problem for most resorts.

Payment via bank transfer is always how I've paid most booking fees and using a credit card is often possible once in country to settle local expenses.

The level of credit card fraud in Indonesia is very high. Many places simply will not accept them and most that do will charge you a 2-5% premium to do so. NAD is anything but a sketchy organization. Well run with some of the best guides in the area.

The first time I arranged travel to Indonesia I was asked by a well respected resort to fill out their credit card payment form and fax it to them, which I did. I suspect it ended up sitting on their fax machine overnight, or was otherwise somehow intercepted, because the next day there were unauthorized charges on it.

paypal has pretty high fees though if there is a currency conversion to IDR. ask if you can do a direct bank transfer with transferwise.

I've not used Paypal in Indonesia (yet) but foreign remote transactions with credit cards are a problem for most resorts.

Payment via bank transfer is always how I've paid most booking fees and using a credit card is often possible once in country to settle local expenses.

I have sent numerous bank transfers to resorts in Indo and the Phils and not had any fraud problems -- but my US bank always warns me about it.

Have others had frauds occur with their bank transfers?

- Bill

Back
Top Bottom