8 tracks...cassettes.....records.......next masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMs won't replace masks in light of freediving and snorkeling crowd. They will grab a bigger market share as costs drop but will never completely replace masks.

FYI...OTS is doing a demo day at Haigh Quarry south of Chicago mid-July. Think it's July 15. Info on their FB page.

Banana and bad bacon followed by a vigorous blackwater river dive. My fault.
There is no such thing as bad bacon.

giffenk - Both of Kirby Morgan's modular full face mask, the SuperMask and the MOD-1, use tempered glass if you are looking into having prescription lenses put into the mask windows.
Rainpilot - Great to read about your success with the modular system and pointing out one action that might have befitted Northernone .

It still amazes me decades later that not many divers know the system is even out there. Just another option. Below is a short video highlighting the modular full face system.

That video makes me want one or three of them.

That video makes me want one or three of them.
I want a Mod-1 so bad I can taste it....

When you get here I'll lend you one of mine to use. If you behave.

I want a Mod-1 so bad I can taste it....

When you get here I'll lend you one of mine to use. If you behave.

YES!!!! Oh wait..I have to behave? Well, I can behave.....badly! :poke:

FFM aren't really compatible for shore diving or any kind of diving requiring a long surface swim -- which is most of the diving around Northern California, and I imagine many other locales. So there will always be a market for plain old masks.

Personally, I don't value the benefits as much as the drawbacks and would likely stick with a plain old mask even if all my diving was off a boat.

Back
Top Bottom