8 tracks...cassettes.....records.......next masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even if you didn't have one, unless you are in an overhead then surfacing with a regulator and no mask should not be extremely difficult. I've not tried that, but there are several thread son SB about such scenarios. Those threads weren't FFM related, just mask loss related.
If you are diving in overhead you should have a continuous guideline to the surface very close and understand how to do a lost guideline search, then you do a zero vis exit following the guideline. Diving without a mask sucks, so it's more stress, but it should be doable if you are doing that sort of diving.

If you are diving in overhead you should have a continuous guideline to the surface very close and understand how to do a lost guideline search, then you do a zero vis exit following the guideline. Diving without a mask sucks, so it's more stress, but it should be doable if you are doing that sort of diving.
True enough. That was a drill we did very early on in the cave class. In fact, the very first time I went into a cave in the class he had me do that drill. Bloody hands the first time I did it.

I tried one on at DEMA last year, thinking that my photography might be easier with it. Nope, I saw that there would be more interference with the camera and I simply didn't like the feel or cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom