Where do you keep your snorkel?

Where do you keep your snorkel?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wheeledgoat

Covid Vaccinated
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I don't use my snorkel enough to justify puchasing a folding one (which reportedly suck anyway), and a long hose setup precludes me from keeping it strapped to my head (as if I'd want to do that). But every now and again I find myself kinda wishing I had it on me... so I'm working on rigging up something to keep it securely mounted out of the way but handy, like along the side of my backplate. Would love to know what solutions other like-minded individuals have come up with.

I keep it in the gear bag on the boat just in case the opportunity to free dive comes up Bahamas spearfishing or whale sharks or Dolphins etc.If I am diving I have a tank of air I use that or swim on the surface face up.

In a rubbermaid bin. In my storage unit. Under a pile of old coats. At least that's where I last saw it.

I lost mine and never missed it, but I just had to get another one as I am doing my DM courses and need one for classes. :(

A snorkel is a basic item of diving

Recall that a pilot with out an airplane is a hiker

A diver with out basic equipment is a swimmer

sdm

Thanks for weighing in! Love to learn the opinions of those that are experienced. Where do you keep your snorkel, then?

On dives where I need a snorkel (longer surface swims) it's on my mask on the surface and on my harness during the dive.

On dives where I don't need a snorkel I don't bring it.

I leave it home for dives where there is no chance of needing it, like in a cave or a lake where I will not possibly be in a situation that calls for it. If I am in a situation in which there is a chance of needing it, I keep it in my pocket. I have a flexible tube that I could tie in a knot if I wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom