backup mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I only do recreational diving I keep a spare mask in my boat bag. Years ago I had a mask hide for several days. Trying to use a manual focus camera without corrective lenses didn't work out well.

Since I only do recreational diving I keep a spare mask in my boat bag. ...

This is a very good strategy and one I share. I also own a mask pocket that you can add to your webbing on the backpack for the occasional deco dive. A very cheap basic mask is adequate and you can lend it to anyone as an emergency measure if they have forgotten or broken theirs. At less than US$10 it is not a problem if you lose it or break it or the other person keeps it.

If you are going to carry a second mask why not carry the same mask you normally wear...assuming it is your favorite mask since you are already wearing one.

My favorite is the AquaLung Teknika...I dive with two of them.

It doesn't matter which mask someone else is carrying as a spare if you are going to carry a spare it needs to fit correctly just like your primary mask that is the important thing.

Back
Top Bottom