Thankful

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just arrived to Cozumel about 2 hrs ago. I fell in love with Cozumel the very first time I stepped foot off the ferry. It is my long lost home. Hope the wind subsides so we can dive in the am.

Just arrived to Cozumel about 2 hrs ago. I fell in love with Cozumel the very first time I stepped foot off the ferry. It is my long lost home. Hope the wind subsides so we can dive in the am.
What is windspeed that they won't allow diving? What are the size of the waves? Or is the limitations current?

Its a mixture of wind and direction, anything from direct north or to the west of north is not good but speeds below 9 - 10 knots may still allow the port to stay open. The port captain does not usually make his decision until 730 to 800 AM but a leading indicator is water coming over the seawall on Melgar near Calle 5. Seawater on the sidewalk is a cause for concern, lots of seawater in the middle of the street is grim for the port to reman open on the west side.

COZ is the best bang for the buck for us on the East coast....I first visited in 1986 and have been back a few times....next will be in three weeks :drunks:

Happy Thanksgiving to all

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom