Looking for proper-fitting replacement straps for Cressi Maxi-rondines.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark IV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
From what I'd read, and was just told by a Leisure Pro rep, the common generic replacement straps don't fit these Cressis's very well, because on the Cressi straps, the adjustment ridges (or whatever they're called) are noticably larger and more raised than the ones on other fin straps (so the aftermarket straps don't hold their adjustment position very well)..
I'd prefer not to replace the entire buckle-strap assembly, and just find the right straps (and as cheaply as possible ! :D)
Any point in the right direction is mich appreciated.....

No spring straps available?
I'm pretty sure compatible ones exist, but I'm less familiar with them, and from what little I've seen of them, a set will run me $30+ bucks. I'd kinda hoped to just find a set of fairly inexpensive rubber straps.
But, that could well be the way to go. You have any suggestions for some that are both solid, and economical?

Thanks man, but now we're up to $60, plus shipping ?? Yikes !! (I saw some OMS's on there for half that). Also, those end pieces don't look compatible with these fins.
I'm just looking for some basic rubber straps, that don't cost and arm and a leg, and will provide sufficient bite for these Cressi buckles.

You are getting quite specific...any chance for pics of the fins, old strap system and the connecting point of the straps?

But scuba.com has the largest amount of just straps from different brands that i've found so far.

Last edited:
You are getting quite specific...any chance for pics of the fins, old strap system and the connecting point of the straps?
But scuba.com has the largest amount of just straps from different brands that i've found so far.

Thanks man, but I don't have a smart phone (usually recruit my brother for pics when wheelin'-n-dealin' on Craiglsist,Armslist,etc.)
But these are just the standard (looking) clips/buckles and rubber straps. The adjustable buckles attach to a protruding stud, just like on most other open-foot fins, nothing unique there. But the straps apparantly have higher/bigger adjustment ridges than most others, which is the issue. Generic replacement straps seem to have less pronounced ridges, that don't provide sufficient traction in the buckle.
But if I'm really in the $50-60 range for a set of replacements, hell, I think I can buy these fins again, brand new, for that, LOL! :D

Also, those end pieces don't look compatible with these fins.
The adjustable buckles attach to a protruding stud, just like on most other open-foot fins, nothing unique there. !

The hardware which comes with the XS Scuba spring straps fits over those studs.

Last edited:
update, in case anyone else is looking for the same thing: The guy I spoke with at Austin's Diving Center down in Miami, found me the correct Cressi-made straps, and hooked me up with a deal, even! The pair cost me $12 and change,delivered, and they work perfectly in these fins. We also talked some bro-prices on a couple computers I was asking about, and he/they really impressed me with how they do buisness, and I hope to deal with them again someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom