Dive travel groups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another reason why I love SB. I'm glad it's working out!

My group travel plans usually consist of a few friends and then people that I have met on trips that I jived with well. Lately, I have been adding SB members that just happen to be PMing me (@foob!). If there is some place that you have in mind, feel free to PM me. I generally veer towards liveaboards and am often planning way in advance.

I met a couple on my first liveaboard ever and first time in Komodo - they are now going out to the Red Sea with me. I met another individual on the same boat and I recently went to Raja Ampat with him. I met another gentleman out on the Great Barrier Reef (Spirit of Freedom) and we're going to Tubbataha in mid April and then will rendezvous with some other buddies. I met a big group of people out in Raja Ampat and now they are all going back to Komodo with me. Another diver I met in Raja Ampat and a separate diver I met in Lembeh is also joining me out in the Red Sea.

Can you tell I'm a serial dive-buddy maker? :) :D I have also been sharing the FOC and discounts that I have been able to get with my contacts. Sometimes I get enough people together for FOC spaces, sometimes I don't and I share whatever discount I am able to get.

Age ranges vary but in general, none of us are partiers.

That's exactly how our group got started. My wife and I and four other friends went on a trip to Turneffe Island Resort. We met a really nice couple who started going with us on trips. Thru them we met some folks from the Baltimore area. All the while we were meeting new folks on other trips. What started out as 6 has turned into 50 or so. Of course not everyone goes on every trip but we have a great group to pull from for our adventures. A number of them are SB folks like AdivingBel and his wife. Heck, this guy signs up for everything! We have had folks from as far away as Korea meet us for a trip and all over the US and Canada.

What's really nice is being able to charter the entire liveaboard and knowing there won't be some wildcard on the boat who turns out to be a real a$$.

Another great thing about SB and connecting with folks like this on a thread is everyone is so helpful, especially when it comes to making flight recommendations. Folks don't mind sharing their travel experiences good or bad and what they have found to work well and not so well as far as flights and connections when going to the other side of the world. I always appreciate folks being willing to share.

@Doc does a trip every year to Coco View in April. Don't know if he's filled up yet or not for this year...

What say you @Doc ?

I saw them at Chicago OWU dive show and they had slots available. We put off our annual trip until the May/June Full Moon.

We no longer "run" trips there per-se, you simply don't need a trip leader to do anything for a visit to CCV. Call them directly and get on the plane. Their website has every bit of info you'll need.

A lot of single people show up. If you're not stand-offish, you'll be buddied up right away and likely make e-mail friends until your next planned meet up.

If you want to dive with us, call CCV central reservations 800-510-8164 and ask about joining us on May 26th for a week. Plan on 26 dives.

Let me know you're coming, I'll get you on our boat if you like, I'll bring you your own glass lensed magnifier, and I'll take you out for a UV Light night dive. Watch Pam be the Octopus Whisperer and Squid Dancer. (I think she smears bacon fat on her fingers, dunno)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom