Dive travel groups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marciadive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for dive travel groups. I've gone on some that I've liked, but they don't always have trips that match my schedule. Would like to expand my list. Any suggestions?

I initiate some dive group travels. The latest one is going to Ring of Fire (Maumere, Alor, Banda, & Ambon) for September 2019, as posted here: Alor ? Best of Indo. That trip is pretty much filled up and I’m done rounding up dive group travel for 2018 & 2019.

I know 2 other SB members that initiate similar group travel @BDSC and @outofofficebrb PM them to see what their group travel plan are and whether any of them would fit to your schedule.

Thanks Dan.

Hello Marciadive. Like Dan said, I put together group trips from time to time. I typically try and do at least two trips a year but sometimes I will work in three. I'd say about half are liveaboards and the other half land based. We have several SB members that travel in the group. We also share equally in the free spots, commissions, and group discounts so that can range from a discount of a few hundred to well over $1000 per person on some of the liveaboards.

Typical age range of the group is maybe 45 to 65 or so. Very friendly folks and no "scuba gods" to tell you what you are doing wrong or how you should be diving. Egos are left at home.

Right now I do have a few rooms left going to Grand Cayman in August staying at the Cobalt Coast Resort. Several hundred off the normal price if you are interested. Just PM me if you are.

Thanks Dan.

Hello Marciadive. Like Dan said, I put together group trips from time to time. I typically try and do at least two trips a year but sometimes I will work in three. I'd say about half are liveaboards and the other half land based. We have several SB members that travel in the group. We also share equally in the free spots, commissions, and group discounts so that can range from a discount of a few hundred to well over $1000 per person on some of the liveaboards.

Typical age range of the group is maybe 45 to 65 or so. Very friendly folks and no "scuba gods" to tell you what you are doing wrong or how you should be diving. Egos are left at home.

Right now I do have a few rooms left going to Grand Cayman in August staying at the Cobalt Coast Resort. Several hundred off the normal price if you are interested. Just PM me if you are.
Thanks for the info! Since I rarely use this website, I am not sure how to PM on it.

Thanks for the info! Since I rarely use this website, I am not sure how to PM on it.
I am very interested in finding out about your upcoming trips. The group sounds right up my alley, both from age range and temperament. Let me know how to PM you.

I'm probably a poor example :dork2:, but @BDSC runs a nice trip and is a straight shooter. My wife and I have traveled with his group several times and always enjoy it. Nice laid back group. You can join in or do your own thing, either way it's one of the best groups we've traveled with. Just some interested third party info. Come join the fun in GC and beyond. :)

BTW, you've come to the right place to find groups. SB has several folks that run nice trips. Good luck and safe diving. :)

Last edited:
To PM someone, just tap on the blue “Quote in Conversation” on the bottom right corner of his / her post. Another way is to tap on his / her avatar to pop up his / her profile window and tap on the blue “Start Conversation” below the username.

Another reason why I love SB. I'm glad it's working out!

My group travel plans usually consist of a few friends and then people that I have met on trips that I jived with well. Lately, I have been adding SB members that just happen to be PMing me (@foob!). If there is some place that you have in mind, feel free to PM me. I generally veer towards liveaboards and am often planning way in advance.

I met a couple on my first liveaboard ever and first time in Komodo - they are now going out to the Red Sea with me. I met another individual on the same boat and I recently went to Raja Ampat with him. I met another gentleman out on the Great Barrier Reef (Spirit of Freedom) and we're going to Tubbataha in mid April and then will rendezvous with some other buddies. I met a big group of people out in Raja Ampat and now they are all going back to Komodo with me. Another diver I met in Raja Ampat and a separate diver I met in Lembeh is also joining me out in the Red Sea.

Can you tell I'm a serial dive-buddy maker? :) :D I have also been sharing the FOC and discounts that I have been able to get with my contacts. Sometimes I get enough people together for FOC spaces, sometimes I don't and I share whatever discount I am able to get.

Age ranges vary but in general, none of us are partiers.

Another reason why I love SB. I'm glad it's working out!

My group travel plans usually consist of a few friends and then people that I have met on trips that I jived with well. Lately, I have been adding SB members that just happen to be PMing me (@foob!). If there is some place that you have in mind, feel free to PM me. I generally veer towards liveaboards and am often planning way in advance.

I met a couple on my first liveaboard ever and first time in Komodo - they are now going out to the Red Sea with me. I met another individual on the same boat and I recently went to Raja Ampat with him. I met another gentleman out on the Great Barrier Reef (Spirit of Freedom) and we're going to Tubbataha in mid April and then will rendezvous with some other buddies. I met a big group of people out in Raja Ampat and now they are all going back to Komodo with me. Another diver I met in Raja Ampat and a separate diver I met in Lembeh is also joining me out in the Red Sea.

Can you tell I'm a serial dive-buddy maker? :) :D I have also been sharing the FOC and discounts that I have been able to get with my contacts. Sometimes I get enough people together for FOC spaces, sometimes I don't and I share whatever discount I am able to get.

Age ranges vary but in general, none of us are partiers.

You are indeed a serial dive-buddy maker! :D

Thanks for referring @foob to join the ROF trip with me. Each of us got $1000 off by splitting the FOC equally! :D

You are indeed a serial dive-buddy maker! :D

Thanks for referring @foob to join the ROF trip with me. Each of us got $1000 off by splitting the FOC equally! :D

They don't call me "The Enabler" for nothing, ya know. :wink: I've been told I'm very expensive to talk to....I'm like a magician. I make your money disappear, except it's not really magic. :D

Reactions: Dan

Back
Top Bottom