BPW expert in Toronto?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tournesol2000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi. I’m in Thornhill. I’m thinking of finding an instructor with lots of BPW experience,who can spend time helping me fit my BPW and work with me to get my trim and weighting worked out.
Anyone wanting to help, please PM me.
Thanks.
Albert.

I know of a GUE instructor in the area (Markham, I believe), if you’re interested going that route. I’m sure there are others, I just don’t know who they are.

Last edited:
Matt at Dan's Dive Shop teaches and trains in bp/w's at the OW level and teaches cave diving as well. Rumor has it that may qualify as an instructor with lots of experience.
Jen Bush is also in St. Catherines and she's a GUE instructor. Don't know her, but GUE instructor means bpw experience

I suspect that Dogbowl is talking about GUE instructor Heison Chak, whom I was going to suggest as well. I know Jen Bush as well and she's great also, but not sure how often she comes to Toronto.

Heison Chak:
GUE Instructor resumé | Global Underwater Explorers

Jennifer Bush:
GUE Instructor resumé | Global Underwater Explorers

Having said that, you could just dive with mentors who also dive a bp and w, and get pretty squared away with the right help. If you are in the GTA GUE community, I know some with an eagle eye who have a real knack for helping people fine tune their kit, buoyancy and trim.

Good luck!

Hi Albert, Dogbowl, I was in Markham but moved to Aurora, I can be your resource for anything regarding BPW, trim / weighting / buoyancy / propulsion / balance ... feel free to get in touch. heison@gue.com.

Back
Top Bottom