Thoughts on Tusa equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tominabox1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Found a deal on a set of TUSA RS-530 regulator, DACOR viper backup, biofilter, and TUSA Imprex II computer for $100. My dive shop is an authorized TUSA dealer so I think servicing would be OK. Thoughts? This would be my first set.

Buy it.

Very good deal.

TUSA is a reliable brand.

Tusa stands for Tabata USA. They are a world-class manufacturer that makes some of the Scubapro regulators. Their lineup includes some of their own designs and some which are rebranded Scubapro regulators. Just looking at the RS-530, it appears to be one of their own designs.

The Dacor octo is not a problem to service. Mares (which bought Dacor) still sells it as the MV octo.

I believe the Imprex 2 is an air-only computer. It looks like a rebranded version of an older Suunto computer.

I don't think it is a bad deal for $100. Just realize that it could cost the same or more to have it serviced at your LDS. Also realize that the computer is somewhat limited compared to newer models.

Thanks for the feedback - I picked it up. Also packaged up the deal with a shorty wetsuit, full wetsuit, 2 wetsuit hoods, and a pair of gloves for $120. I figure at that price I can cut losses if something doesn't pan out.

nice

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback - I picked it up. Also packaged up the deal with a shorty wetsuit, full wetsuit, 2 wetsuit hoods, and a pair of gloves for $120. I figure at that price I can cut losses if something doesn't pan out.

Two hoods? Is your name Zafrod Beeblebrox?

You said "Tusa equipment" so I'll toss this in: I have several, very old masks and all are still perfectly usable except the Tabata. It is yellowed and deteriorated and had the same care as all the others. Based upon this one item I tend to avoid Tusa/Tabata. So maybe the same factory that made the mask also makes their second stage diaphragms and hoses, and maybe not. I do know that none of my diaphragms have ever rotted away but I don't have any of their regulators.

For the record, got the regs serviced for $102 :) . Will be out at the lake next week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom