US List of Emergency Recompression Chambers Near Active Scuba Diving Locations. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*At Lake Phoenix, south of Richmond VA, one calls the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office (434) 848-3133. There may be other exceptions to 911.
And, if you are diving at JMR Quarry, in Blanche, NC (near Yanceyville), there are posted signs that direct you to call the Caswell County Sheriff's Department first. I don't know the intricacies of the 911 system well enough to appreciate why that would be the case. I presume that, if you dialed 911, you would either get routed to the CCSO, or get no response in which case you would call the CCSO. I have (fortunately) never had to activate EMS at either Phoenix or JMR. But, 911 is still the most reliable route overall.

True enough, but this thread isn't about what to do in a diving emergency.
Yes, BUT my quoted comments were made in specific response to a question - in this thread - from Gareth J, about EMERGENCY MEDICAL AID for a DIVING INCIDENT!

OK time to do an age check. Who remembers LEO-FAST ? (Sorry for the side track)

OK time to do an age check. Who remembers LEO-FAST ? (Sorry for the side track)
Me, lol!
Old, and getting grumpier by the day.

(USAFSAM Hyperbaric Chamber, RIP)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom