US List of Emergency Recompression Chambers Near Active Scuba Diving Locations. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevrumbo

Banned
Reaction score
South Santa Monica Bay/Los Angeles California, USA
# of dives
1000 - 2499
. . .Starting an open end linked list in no particular order, of US based Chambers that most importantly are available 24/7 and accept at least Medicaid reimbursement (i.e. a "government insurance program for persons of all ages whose income and resources are insufficient to pay for health care"):

Home > USC Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber > USC Dana and David Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences

HTC REOPENS WITH DR. SUSAN STEINEMANN APPOINTED AS INTERIM MEDICAL DIRECTOR |

Center for Hyperbaric Medicine | Virginia Mason, Seattle, WA

St. Mary's Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine

Hyperbaric Chamber Location - Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Treatment in New York City

The Hyperbaric Chamber – Penn Medicine

Naval Base Guam diver locker demonstrate patient care

(Need someone to add further resources in the Great Lakes, Gulf Coast, USVI/Puerto Rico Regions. . .)

Joe Dituri's one in Tampa.

Don’t have a link, but Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL (Chicago suburb) is the only chamber in the Chicago area that will accept emergencies of any sort. Multiple place (up to 8). Hospital is also a Level I trauma center.

I thought that DAN did NOT want people to just go to a chamber....for various reasons they provide. Going on your own risks voiding DAN's help and/or payment.

So what purpose does this thread serve, unless one does not have DAN insurance?

I believe that Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx is the only chamber set up for 24/7 emergency recompression in the NYC area. That's where I took my ride, and they took great care of me...

I know that Loyola Medical Center near Chicago has a chamber and that a handful of other hospitals and clinics in the area have chambers that are primarily used for wound care (and probably not open 24/7) but DAN says that the best thing to do is to go straight to the nearest emergency department first for immediate treatment and stabilization before being transferred to a chamber facility, see below.

Hyperbaric Chamber Location, Medical FAQ — DAN | Divers Alert Network

I am not sure what to think, if it happened to me or a loved one I would want to get to the nearest chamber fast, but it is also important to start oxygen right away and quickly address any immediate critical issues.

I thought that DAN did NOT want people to just go to a chamber....for various reasons they provide. Going on your own risks voiding DAN's help and/or payment.

So what purpose does this thread serve, unless one does not have DAN insurance?
If you're an indigent & impoverished sea urchin harvester Diver -or even just a boat hull cleaner- and all you have is Medicaid insurance coverage (or nothing at all), then the OP provides instant links of where to go to a particular regional Emergency Department with a Hyperbaric Medicine Dept & onsite campus hospital/medical center Recompression Chamber.

(That DAN article link above is totally useless advice in comparison. . .)

Joe Dituri's one in Tampa.
Other than simple type I DCS . . . NO WAY.

I doubt they even have ACLS capability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom