New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I am a recent new diver. 10 total dives(woohoo) Looking to meet up with other divers who could help me continue to improve my skills. I live in Minneapolis and would love to join a club who welcomes newbie divers. I also am planning to travel and would like to find a buddy to go diving with in Key Largo.

Last edited:
howdy and welcome from southeast florida.......we all had ten dives at one time..... i don't know much about your area but I'm sure you may have a Facebook or meet-up dive club for you to meet new divers...good luck and dive safe.

Hi, the local clubs are great for all kinds of diveinfo and equipment discussion. I notice your profile says Dallas, but if you change it to Minn., it will help you connect on this site too.

I think you guys will love Key Largo. I did. If you're okay diving with an 'instabuddy,' you probably don't need to bring a dedicated partner. I'm not saying that's the way to go, just that it's an option. Welcome aboard.

Richard.

Hi chrismeier and welcome! Congratulations on completing your dive course! Don't worry about only having 10 dives under your belt, that will all come in due time. Hey, I've been certified a little over 2 years and still have under 30 dives. Take your time, listen and learn with every opportunity and most of all, enjoy! Safe diving!

Welcome chrismier,
We all have to start somewhere...but remember this...you actually spent the first 9 months of your creation in water....so you were diving before you knew it!!!!

Hi and welcome to diving :)

I am always willing to go to key largo with people given two weeks or so notice. If you ever want to see the low key lit Gulf Coast dive sites I can show you the best ones, or at least show you how to get to them. Welcome.

Welcome.
10 dives counts ad a start. No worries.

welcome! come visit Florida's treasure coast and hit us up at the Vero Beach Scuba Club (on facebook). we have a complete in stock inventory of dive buddies! Not to mention that diving in Jupiter and Palm Beach is amazing.

Hey Chris,

I'm a newbie diver in the MPLS area as well (10 dives exactly). I know there used to be a meet-up group but I think that's now defunct. If you've found a group I'd love to find some folks as well. Hoping to get the point where I can "just go diving" on weekends, even if it's just some lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom