Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did not know that DiveAssure was not available to US folks.
"Coverage currently not available in the USA, US territories and Canada."

"Coverage currently not available in the USA, US territories and Canada."

I have DAN anyway but I know in the past folks would talk about using DA as well. Wonder what's up with that.

I have DAN anyway but I know in the past folks would talk about using DA as well. Wonder what's up with that.
Some years ago, it was available in the US. I don't remember when it changed.

It staggers me that put up with this sort of crap. How many industries require employees to provide their own liability insurance? It is a bigger piss-take that it happens in the diving industry, where staff are paid a pittance, or work for free in many instances.

Ultimately, when a student enrols on a dive course, legal liability in most jurisdictions lies with the organisation they give the money to - not the employee that delivers the course.
There are reasons 3rd world nations are 3rd world nations. Terrible legal systems are part of this. Go ahead, sue a Mexican resort.

It staggers me that put up with this sort of crap. How many industries require employees to provide their own liability insurance? It is a bigger piss-take that it happens in the diving industry, where staff are paid a pittance, or work for free in many instances.

Ultimately, when a student enrols on a dive course, legal liability in most jurisdictions lies with the organisation they give the money to - not the employee that delivers the course.
I have had my own Public liability and Professional indemnity insurance for the last 7 years. I think the rates for scuba pros are very low. This year mine was £4000

DAN insurance is the best bang for the buck. Anyone who dives without it or comprehensive coverage of a similar nature is taking a poorly calculated risk. Check out the cost and benefits. For travel it is a must.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom