Sunscape Sabors definition of "Long Pants"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Packing what we can now and deciding what to wear on the plane. Some of the restaurants at Sabor say they require "long pants". If I wear a nice pair of jeans, will that be acceptable to them? I don't want to limit my meal selections and surely don't want to go shopping! Thanks folks

I can't imagine that they would have a problem with jeans, but I don't eat anywhere on Cozumel that won't let me in wearing shorts. The only time I bring long pants to Cozumel is if I am going in the winter and I need them to get to and from the airport in the States.

Packing what we can now and deciding what to wear on the plane. Some of the restaurants at Sabor say they require "long pants". If I wear a nice pair of jeans, will that be acceptable to them? I don't want to limit my meal selections and surely don't want to go shopping! Thanks folks

Sorry - I can guarantee you that no restaurant onsite at the hotel is worthy of anything dressier than jeans - definitely not worth shopping for to eat at a marginal restaurant - even the very best restaurants on the island allow shorts.

In the recent past many have worn jeans and have been seated. I have been at this resort many times. There are nicer restaurants on the properties but those are associated with Secrets (Aura) not Sunscape (Sabor) and most dress nicer for those but jeans will still work.

I’ve been to both Sunscape and Secrets; jeans work anywhere.

Thank you all. Not planning to eat all of our meals there by any means. However, would like to have all options open when we do. The most fun we had last visit was going a few blocks off the main strip and eating at some of the more local places. We plan to continue that this stay as well.

Don't encourage me...:)

Jeans are fine for the restaurants, but kind of suck in the climate. I'd recommend a breathier fabric. (And yeah, we did go for hiking pants, some that had knee zippers.)

(And yes, I'm sure locals wear jeans at times. But I hate them in the humidity, even in the winter.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom