• 9-16 cylinders

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • 17-32 cylinders

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • More then 32 cylinders

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have two steel 120s, a 13 pony, an AL 100 that just went out of hydro (for sale) and a pair of AL 80s for my daughter.

I am with Storker on tank number. Having 10 tanks means an endless chain of expenses to keep them in service. I feel the same about regulator sets, having extras mean having more gear to worry about and unless.the spare is with you it serves no purpose. My usual dive buddies and I have trouble transporting much beyond three kits and six tanks in a single vehicle.

I think a reasonable way to break down the polling would be to say rec vs tech. These are the most basic division of diving. Rec is max depth 130’, no deco, no overheads. Tech is everything beyond that. You can have every card availablelable and decide you want to dive single tank and no deco, you are a recreational diver.

None. My LDS lets me use some of theirs whenever I need to.

2x 7L 300bar plastic :)
(it is composite tanks with stainless steel lainer inside, made by Armotech)
Using it for SM configuration
059.jpg IMG-3531.jpg
With 3kg of lead weights it is neutral in the fresh water.

Voted as 1-2.

But I have also some steel tanks 2L 250bar. One for air, just stored at my home as isolated gasmask :) And three (two from them is spare) for oxygen system. Stored at my home as gasmask or sometimes I take it for diving as first aid kit (universal usage :) ).

I'd like to see something like this split apart for professionals and recreational divers. I suspect those involved in things like teaching diving (at any level) are likely to have more tanks on hand for students to use and thus skew the results.

I've got 4xlp108 3xal80 1xhp80 1xal40 1xal13

2L 250bar
?

That's ~1/6th of what I'm carrying on a normal rec dive. You can't be using those for OC? It has to be for CCR dil, right?

? That's ~1/6th of what I'm carrying on a normal rec dive. You can't be using those for OC? It has to be for CCR dil, right?
NO :)

Voted as 1-2. (as above - 2x 7L x300bar)

But I have also some steel tanks 2L 250bar. One for air, just stored at my home as isolated gasmask (at my home! :) on the surface! but I can use it underwater, but just as spare air) :) And three (two from them is spare) for oxygen system. Stored at my home as gasmask or sometimes I take it for diving as first aid kit (universal usage :) ).

So, either those tanks aren't used underwater, or you're quite happy with ~7-10 minutes bottom time. Or it's a suit tank. That's what a single 2L 250 bar means to me (for twins, extend the bottom time to 15-20 minutes. Still a bit short, even in cold water, to me).

3 tanks. One twin (7*2) 300 bar , one twin (7*2) 200 bar for my girlfriend and a 10 liters 300 bar for when my back is giving me issues.

3 AL80's currently. Have friends with 4 other tanks (also AL80's). I got a good deal on 6 tanks off of here so I picked them up to go with the 1 tank we had between us before.

Back
Top Bottom