Why you gotta love Canada...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farrakhan:
Canadians get to laugh at ourselves and the rest of the world is left to question "is Canada really like that".

Regretably, the answer is "Yes". One region anyway. Dave (and his equally talented brother Ian) lived across the street from me as a kid and some of the stuff in that character is drawn from real life. Exaggerated certainly but I recognize where many references originated. The incredulous among you should know that Steve Smith also lived in the area. It was just that kind of neighbourhood.

PatH:
You're not going to get much of a politician for that kind of pay... at least the military has job security.

And what are we getting now? And the best job security in the world is a civil servant bud! You ain't looking for 20 years service when you're trying to get elected. 4-8 generally works out real well for them.

I guarantee you, one's long term comittment to a job well done, has ZERO to do with his pay. (Sure he needs to be paid, but it ain't what makes the man do a GOOD job.)

These ram-rods even had the balls to say that for more pay (than they get now) they'd get even better people/do a better job.

Holy crap, wake up!

The actual "job" of governing a country simply is NOT that complicated, and it DOES NOT take anything but a reasonably intelligent person (Grade 9 would do) and a decent human being to do it more than well enough. But of course, the powers that be would have you to believe differently, and they would be wrong.

How much intelligence does it take to screw up this bad, for this long?

The problem is morals, and not brains. Cus brains ain't got much to do with it Earl :)

Steve

d33ps1x:
Talk about taxes Steve!

LOL!!!

Man I've been thinking of you the whole time!!!! OK, I don't wanna go there.......
Sometimes I accidently vent too much :)

Have a good one bud!

Steve

Pierre Burton once defined a true Canadian as someone who had made love in a canoe.
I'm of course envisioning how Red Green would construct a canoe suitable for just such an adventure!

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati..................................

I thought that was the definition of american beer, ie f*****g close to water.....

bottom_sucker:
Pierre Burton once defined a true Canadian as someone who had made love in a canoe.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati..................................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom