Florida Cave Update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly, my right ear is brewing an infection. I'm done for the week but will be scheduling a return trip in late spring.

Get the ear treated immediatley! If you have what I got 19 years ago, you are going to have a very painful night even with the right bug killers and antibiotics.
In the future use a squirt in each ear of 1/3 olive oil, 1/3 vinegar and 1/3 water (otherwise known as ear beer) as soon as you have taken off your gear after each dive.

Wishing you the best!

Michael

Get the ear treated immediatley! If you have what I got 19 years ago, you are going to have a very painful night even with the right bug killers and antibiotics.
In the future use a squirt in each ear of 1/3 olive oil, 1/3 vinegar and 1/3 water (otherwise known as ear beer) as soon as you have taken off your gear after each dive.

Wishing you the best!

Michael
Concur on getting it treated. My Ear Beer for prevention is 50-50 isopropyl alcohol and white vinegar. My go-to for minor pain is ear drops with antibiotics and lidocaine, which are not available in the U.S.

I see Troy is still closed. Catfish Hotel at Manatee is reported open, but what exactly does that mean for the vis? Good enough to get a skills practice session in? It's normally not the greatest place for that, with the duckweed cover limiting the sunlight.

+1 for ear beer, especially after every cave dive. Ear infections seem to happen a lot. I use a few drops of 50/50 rubbing alcohol/vinegar.

+1 for ear beer, especially after every cave dive. Ear infections seem to happen a lot. I use a few drops of 50/50 rubbing alcohol/vinegar.

The alcohol is reserved for going down my throat at the end of the day (which kills the bugs growing there), hopefully an Islay Single Malt Whisky at cask strength.

Michael

Would love to see a picture of Ginnie spring flooded to get an idea of what it's like.

Hopefully levels will decrease soon and diving opening up soon.

I sent in tanks for hydro today since diving is so limited. :( They said only a few days, so I could be diving by this weekend. :D The Santa Fe is still way up. I can see under the second bridge, so it's not as bad as it was, but it's still bad. I guess last week was a good week to waste away in Curacao. @dewdropsonrosa I loved your blog. There is no shame doing it your way but ears can sideline you for a while. Had an incident with a clipped off reg and a rough sea last week. It hit me in the eye orbit and triggered a massive flood of snot on the right side. I skipped a day, thought I was good and had my first ever reverse block on the next dive. That was horrid, so be sure it's all clear before you get back in.

The "kill it all" ear beer is 100% Everclear.

Edit: Anybody think that Peacock will be suitable for an intro to tech, and cave 1 come mid March? Or should I be planning for Mexico?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom