Indonesia Visa Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

budasub

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone I'll be in Sipadan next year
I would like to know if you can apply for Indonesian Visa in Tawau city and then take the ferry or plane to Tarakan (Indonesia)
I have an Italian passport
Has anyone done this trip lately?
Thank you

I know this question is a couple of months old but do you need a Visa? We are from UK and got 30 days on arrival (possibly 28 I'm not 100% sure) a few months ago.

Tawau was a very easy place to get an Indonesian Visa six years ago but i do not have any more up to date information. We got ours in about an hour when we wanted a two month Visa.

AFAIK you can get visa on arrival at any Indonesian port of entries for 30 days. For longer than that, you either exit and re-enter the country before the 30-day visa expires or apply it from Indonesian Embassy / Consulate General in your country. In USA the Indonesian Embassy / Consulate General allows you to do it by mail if you live far away from their office.

Visa on arrival may not be necessary any more. It is no longer required for US, Canada and several other countries.

Back
Top Bottom