Cold in 55 Degree Waters!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Op, I’m really surprised you thought the Thermal Fusion was the same warmth as the FE Arctic. I’m significantly warmer in the Thermal Fusion.

Yeah, I really didn't notice any difference between my Thermal Fusion and my FE Artics. My Thermal Fusion is a small/medium and a bit tight, so that may be part of the issue with that. On a side note, I have a lightly used S/M Thermal Fusion for sale. LOL.

I use my fusion thermal when it's cold, it's kind of a pia to put on, but it's warm and cozy and has great range of motion.

My FE artics come out when it gets warmer, lot easier to put on, more bulky so rom a little less, a bit less warm.,

I use my fusion thermal when it's cold, it's kind of a pia to put on, but it's warm and cozy and has great range of motion.

My FE artics come out when it gets warmer, lot easier to put on, more bulky so rom a little less, a bit less warm.,

I have both a Fusion and the Arctics. As I had mentioned, I don't feel a major difference between the two. I guess that could be due to my body not self-generating heat like it should be. Once I visit the doctor and get my Thyroid levels checked out I'll give the Fusion another go.

For those that have used or are using the X-Core, how does the sizing run?
Thx

I was loaned one to try out. It fit well and was consistent with my normal size.

So... only arctics and your surprised you get cold?
And blaming hypothyroidism for it??
COME ON!
Get a proper undergarment to layer with the arctics.
The weazle is used by one of the finns doing the longest, deepest coldest cavedives... Should be good enough...
I use the kwark. I layer it with 1 or 2 layers of thin merino wool, and a heating vest and stay warm for 1,5-2hrs in 4c water.
My buddies layer the arctic with the Santi BZ 400. and 12+ (55) degrees is still quite some months untill we see...
At the moment, we have 7C and I dive.
Ursuit Soft Dura (About the same thing as your one), Kwark, heating vest (didn't turn on last dive) 1 layer of merino wool. Proper dry gloves with felted merino inner gloves and a 10mm Waterproof Hood.

Get a proper hood, merino wicking undergarment, a proper undergarment on the top and some really nice wool gloves.

So... only arctics and your surprised you get cold?
And blaming hypothyroidism for it??
COME ON!
Get a proper undergarment to layer with the arctics.
The weazle is used by one of the finns doing the longest, deepest coldest cavedives... Should be good enough...
I use the kwark. I layer it with 1 or 2 layers of thin merino wool, and a heating vest and stay warm for 1,5-2hrs in 4c water.
My buddies layer the arctic with the Santi BZ 400. and 12+ (55) degrees is still quite some months untill we see...
At the moment, we have 7C and I dive.
Ursuit Soft Dura (About the same thing as your one), Kwark, heating vest (didn't turn on last dive) 1 layer of merino wool. Proper dry gloves with felted merino inner gloves and a 10mm Waterproof Hood.

Get a proper hood, merino wicking undergarment, a proper undergarment on the top and some really nice wool gloves.

You may have missed that the OP also mentioned he doesn't feel any warmer with a Thermal Fusion, which is a VERY warm under suit. I am fine in mine in 45F water for at least 30 min.

You may have missed that the OP also mentioned he doesn't feel any warmer with a Thermal Fusion, which is a VERY warm under suit. I am fine in mine in 45F water for at least 30 min.
But does he layer it? IE, BOTH?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom