Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An alternative method, the short pieces with the loop can be longer to change the pivot point of the harness and it’s easy to adjust, the strap slide easily. With the loop straps longer a weight pouch can be added behind the pivot point.
16558CD0-9334-4208-B8EB-182BDD7C3793.jpeg
76CE1CB0-50F9-4C16-B548-AA33C0B1105E.jpeg

This 2” ring is pretty much all you need that you may not have laying around (x2)
FAB490D1-04D2-4F4C-8AB9-7727778B0A5B.jpeg

All I have to do is make a full size template of anything I/we want and submit it to my laser cutter.
I cut out a “plug” out of mat board and they scan the part, digitize/vectorize it and cut out the parts out of stainless.

All I have to do is make a full size template of anything I/we want and submit it to my laser cutter.
I cut out a “plug” out of mat board and they scan the part, digitize/vectorize it and cut out the parts out of stainless.
Maybe something like the DR but able to take 2” webbing?

Or maybe that double keeper in the T configuration, but with a little extra radius in a single cut piece of metal where it transitions from one direction to another (instead of that single TIG weld)?

I think my preferred angle would be about 75-80 degrees, (instead of 90, or that 45 degree smaller version). Just enough to account for the angle of your shoulder straps coming down to meet your belt, so you wouldn't handed to have the T-piece so far in front for it to meet smoothly.
Note7_0.jpg

Honestly, this is where a pivot ring solves variable of location (angle), dictated due to shape of people, and desire for placement location....

YMMV

A normal 2" D-ring on the bottom of the shoulder strap and one of these on the waist belt, pointing up and out:

DGX Offset S/S Rigid D-Ring

With a quick link to connect them together:

DGX S/S {1.5 in | 3.8 cm} Quick Link

seems like it would give y'all what you want and work for any angle you want between shoulder strap and waist belt.

Yeah, I spent way too much time online last night trying to find the angled on that @lexvil has.

Now that we know they are from a transpac, maybe we all need to post WTB add in the classifieds :cool:
I think a transpac is for sale here at the moment

A normal 2" D-ring on the bottom of the shoulder strap and one of these on the waist belt, pointing up and out:

DGX Offset S/S Rigid D-Ring

With a quick link to connect them together:

DGX S/S {1.5 in | 3.8 cm} Quick Link

seems like it would give y'all what you want and work for any angle you want between shoulder strap and waist belt.

Well I’m the new guy and I haven’t had any experience rigging up a BP/W yet so I’m going to grab a few of these when I’m up at DGX and I’ll do some testing/fitting. I’ll take some pictures so y’all can give me feedback/advice and maybe we end up with another working model for people to try out.

Well I’m the new guy and I haven’t had any experience rigging up a BP/W yet so I’m going to grab a few of these when I’m up at DGX and I’ll do some testing/fitting. I’ll take some pictures so y’all can give me feedback/advice and maybe we end up with another working model for people to try out.

For the record, I have mine setup purely Hogarthian (google it if you need to). One single piece of 2” webbing forms the entire harness (except for crotch strap).

If you’re new to BPW, I would really suggest you try that before you bother with any of this more complicated stuff.

Back
Top Bottom