Swapping second stages between Apecks XTX50 and XTX200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chasep255

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have and XTX200 as my primary regulator and an XTX50 on my pony bottle. I want to switch my configuration to having a 7' long hose which I would donate with my octo around my neck on a short hose. I have been told that I should not have the yellow colored octo around my neck since this is not the one I donate. I was thinking of switching the standard black XTX50 second stage I have on my pony with the yellow XTX50 octo I have on my main regulator. This way the yellow regulator and hoses go on the pony, and the black ones will be on my XTX200. I have two questions. First do I actually need to do this or are there a lot of divers who leave the yellow around their neck? Secondly is is safe to just switch regulators between first stages without having a technician tune them? Both first stages are Apecks so I am thinking they should have the same intermediate pressure.

Do what you want. It'll be fine either way. There's no issue with any of those configuration options.

what they said. both second stages are balanced so if there's any slight difference in IP it should be irrelevant. Pick your preferred second stage for your mouth, *most people I've seen with yellow octos have them around their neck fwiw, myself included*, and then pick the first stage that you like better and have at it.

If you're that concerned, watch these videos on how to adjust your second stage. If you don't have an inline tool *don't need one, but immensely useful*, having an inline shutoff valve makes the experience a lot less time consuming since you don't have to purge the whole regulator system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom