dive rite 1200 reg , thread lock on the DIN post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi there!
So reading the manual that i have, it says the DIN post is supposed to have *small* amounts of thread lock on it.
What's your take on that?
Since this one of my o2 regs i will just clean it and i am putting absolutely no thread lock back in there, just wanted to see how you guys feel about it.

also anyone has any suggestion on that torque setting?
thanks!

When I used to have 1208 first stages I left the thread lock off when I rebuilt mine with no issues.

I have noticed that as well. Not that specific reg, but I have seen regs have a tendency to unscrew from that point if you don’t help the first stage from rotating when you tighten down the din wheel.

Just use only low or med strength lock-tight if you do decide to use it. (NOT the red stuff). With those threads on the ambient side, I don’t think it will hurt anything,

Supposed to have and actually needing it are two entirely different animals. I have been using and rebuilding my fleet of 7 Dive Rite regulators for over 13 years now without ever using any form of thread lock on them. They are all 1208 first stages and I have never had a problem with them unscrewing accidentally.

Torque setting is stupid simple. It is the same as any other. Stop just before you strip of bust something. :)

If you are going to use thread locker and they didn't specify a particular one, then it might help to know Loctite Blue 242 is the one I use that meets the specs where Mares requires it.

thank you all for the replies! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom