Plastic Thread on Dive Rite XT1 first stage DIN regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Absolutely true, although I couldn't pinpoint the exact manufacturer for their XT1 just yet. I fairly sure it's Well Marine Divers, although the closest they have in their Lineup is the FS-804 BK.

I guess DiveRite got a custom made batch of those or something very similar.

That being said, most of the smaller companies source their stuff from one of the bigger OEMs in Taiwan, like Well Marine Divers or Ocean Divers. It always gives me a slight chuckle when people buy those regulators because they are not made in China, which I guess they technically are not.

But as you said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with those regulators, it is great quality equipment.
The FS-804 BK looked very similar to the DR XT1. I also found some similar designs to Atomic’s first stage reg.

Do you know how (if there are any websites) I can buy the WMD’s own-brand regulators? I guess that will be much cheaper than the branded ones but with similar quality.

Thanks.

Do you know how (if there are any websites) I can buy the WMD’s own-brand regulators? I guess that will be much cheaper than the branded ones but with similar quality.

These OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer), or sometimes referred to as ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) do usually not sell to the general public. They do sell their units or modified units to companies or produce for companies.
Depending on what you are looking at, you'd have to take a couple of hundreds of items from them to get a viable price. There are expections to this of course. The more a company orders from an OEM, the cheaper they get those parts.

Some OEMs that also produce/produced for other companies would be:
NameGear
AFSCOFins only
Alloy StarMost dive related equipment
ApeksSells their own gear, but also produced for other companies, e.g. Zeagle, Suunto
AquatecMost dive related equipment
AropecMost dive related equipment, also sells to the public
BeuchatSells their own gear, but also produced for other companies, e.g. ScubaPro (Jetfin), DiveRite
Cy HandeeFins only
DEPEPUSoftgear and integrated Pony systems, also sells to the public
Dongguan City Guoyang SportsMost dive related equipment
HotDiveMost dive related equipment, also sells to the public
HSSG internationalRegulators
Itada InternationalMost dive related equipment
Jiangsu Bright TradingMost dive related equipment
Loong DiveMost dive related equipment
Marset Diving EquipmentMost dive related equipment, except regulators
Multinational/DiveTek (Not to be confused with DiveTek in SA),Most dive related equipment
Ocean Divers SupplyMost dive related equipment
OEMScubaBCDs, Wetsuits & Accessories
Porauto IndustrialPressure gauges
Principal WinFins only
ProBlueMost dive related equipment
SuexDPVs - Sells their own gear, but also produces for other companies
TookeMost dive related equipment
Tusa/TabataSells their own gear, but also produces for other companies, e.g. ScubaPro, Halcyon
Well Marine DiverMost dive related equipment
Yantai Zhituo Diving Equipment CoCommercial dive equipment and regulators
YonsubSoftgear

This list is far from exhaustive. You'll find lots of intermingling in this sector, for example Apeks producing for Suunto at some stage and so on. A lot of smaller companies do not stick with a single OEM, but use different ones from time to time. I find it impossible to keep up who made what.

These OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer), or sometimes referred to as ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) do usually not sell to the general public. They do sell their units or modified units to companies or produce for companies.
Depending on what you are looking at, you'd have to take a couple of hundreds of items from them to get a viable price. There are expections to this of course. The more a company orders from an OEM, the cheaper they get those parts.

Some OEMs that also produce/produced for other companies would be:
NameGear
AFSCOFins only
Alloy StarMost dive related equipment
ApeksSells their own gear, but also produced for other companies, e.g. Zeagle, Suunto
AquatecMost dive related equipment
AropecMost dive related equipment, also sells to the public
BeuchatSells their own gear, but also produced for other companies, e.g. ScubaPro (Jetfin), DiveRite
Cy HandeeFins only
DEPEPUSoftgear and integrated Pony systems, also sells to the public
Dongguan City Guoyang SportsMost dive related equipment
HotDiveMost dive related equipment, also sells to the public
HSSG internationalRegulators
Itada InternationalMost dive related equipment
Jiangsu Bright TradingMost dive related equipment
Loong DiveMost dive related equipment
Marset Diving EquipmentMost dive related equipment, except regulators
Multinational/DiveTek (Not to be confused with DiveTek in SA),Most dive related equipment
Ocean Divers SupplyMost dive related equipment
OEMScubaBCDs, Wetsuits & Accessories
Porauto IndustrialPressure gauges
Principal WinFins only
ProBlueMost dive related equipment
SuexDPVs - Sells their own gear, but also produces for other companies
TookeMost dive related equipment
Tusa/TabataSells their own gear, but also produces for other companies, e.g. ScubaPro, Halcyon
Well Marine DiverMost dive related equipment
Yantai Zhituo Diving Equipment CoCommercial dive equipment and regulators
YonsubSoftgear

This list is far from exhaustive. You'll find lots of intermingling in this sector, for example Apeks producing for Suunto at some stage and so on. A lot of smaller companies do not stick with a single OEM, but use different ones from time to time. I find it impossible to keep up who made what.
Thank you for your extensive list :)

I have a DIN Hog D1X first stage and I'd swear the DIN threads are all plastic. Fiber reinforced plastic, but plastic none the less.

Yes, Piranha does in the US.

You could try alibaba or aliexpress.

Hate to burst everyone's bubble but even DR regs are made in Taiwan right next to all the other Apeks knock offs.

Not saying made in Taiwan is a bad thing but they are defiantly not made in the US or UK like Apeks.
"defiantly" I like it, Freudian slip🤔😂

(I know, autocorrect, does it to me all the time 🤦‍♂️)

Yes, Piranha does in the US.

You could try alibaba or aliexpress.
I like how it says "extreme" diving😂

Back
Top Bottom