Anyone diving Bonaire June 17-23?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justwannadivenow3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi - i'm looking to make a trip to Bonaire, but I will be traveling by myself.

Is anyone looking for a buddy during June 17-23?

What are your thoughts about booking a trip and hoping to find a buddy there? is that smart or to risky?

Good afternoon, great choice to come to Bonaire! I am "always" available to guide you on some nice dives. Please send me a pm or visit my website.

Furthermore there are some dive shops that have a board "looking for dive buddies". You may check over there as well.

May see you soon! Cheers, Paul.

Best to check with your air supplier. Some have a buddy board you can add you name to. Also hang around the dock, rinse tanks, fill stations... looking for instant dive buddy. Talk to people at you accomodation. Post request here, Bonaire talk and TripAdvisor.

Be friendly and just say you are by yourself, do you mind if I tag along? (Unless you are an air hog:snorkel:).

Al

I have seen (i think) a buddy board at dive freinds at Sand Dollar in March. If you have a truck it may be easier to find a buddy.

I take a dive boat the 1st day and become everyone's buddy. If I can I find a single diver and hookup for some dives that way also.

Yes agree with NDL_Diver about taking a boat dive on day 1, worst case the DM will be your dive buddy. Also, in April 2019 Dive Friends did have a buddy board. It's the only one I've seen personally. Another option is to hang at the dive shop or at the resort's bar. Divers are a friendly bunch and it shouldn't take long to find potential buddies. Also, your first full day in Bonaire you will likely do your mandatory check dive at the resort. In my 2 recent experiences there were 10-20 people, mostly in pairs, that go to the lecture and then immediately head to the water for a check and dive. Good time to make some friends and worst case ask if you can go with an existing pair.

Also I did my AOW with Paul @ BonScuba in April 2019 and had a blast doing my 5 dives. Highly recommended as a private instructor and guide. Paul picks you up at your resort and takes you to selected spots. Simple, easy and safe. Might be a good way to start your Bonaire diving.

My Canadian 2 cents. Enjoy. Bonaire is a GREAT diving destination.

Back
Top Bottom