Bonaire Dive Shop Rec's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachad36

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all! Heading to Bonaire in just over a month and (obviously) going to do a bunch of shore diving. I'm looking for recommendations for dive shops for tank rentals (that come with drop off/pick up service). Anyone have a particularly good shop they would recommend??? Thanks! :)

I've always used Buddy Dive for tanks and weights and can recommend them. Nice drive through tank swap with analysers and no need to walk much more than 10ft to swap tanks out.

Also, if you buy the shore diving package from Buddies, that gives you full access to their dock, which is basically a nice staircase or easy stride into the water....... and it's a reasonably easy swim over to Bari Reef from there..

You mean shops that will deliver tanks to you, or that you can go in and pick up tanks?
Unless the OP has done absolutely zero research into Bonaire, he must be referring to the former. The latter describes pretty much every dive shop on Bonaire.

edit: Or is the OP referring to a drive-through pickup/dropoff station?

Dive Friends

Oops, just saw you were wanting a valet type service. Not Dive Friends. VIP is probably the only one that might provide pickup/dropoff to an Airbnb.
If schlepping tanks in and out of the truck is the concern, the folks at Buddy Dive or Dive Friends will usually assist if asked.

Unless the OP has done absolutely zero research into Bonaire, he must be referring to the former. The latter describes pretty much every dive shop on Bonaire.

edit: Or does is the OP referring to a drive-through pickup/dropoff station?
I'm referring to shops that drop off and pick up to our Airbnb's door. I know there are a bunch of shops, but was hoping some of the divers on here have had good experiences with one or another.

Dive Friends

Oops, just saw you were wanting a valet type service. Not Dive Friends. VIP is probably the only one that might provide pickup/dropoff to an Airbnb.
If schlepping tanks in and out of the truck is the concern, the folks at Buddy Dive or Dive Friends will usually assist if asked.
Hoisting tanks isn't the issue - my wife and I are young-ish and in shape... but we're just lazy and want a tank valet service :) Thanks for the recs!

Just curious as to whether or not you are diving Nitrox and if yes....... are you bringing your own analyser?

Your best bet might be to hire a private dive guide from VIP or Dive Friends or somewhere and arrange for them to bring tanks and themselves to you for your shore diving. It would cost more, but it would provide the best possible dives and service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom