Poor Gopro 7 quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassi Devil Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello, hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having with my GoPro 7, I am not happy with the quality of the footage I am getting, objects in the foreground looks soft around the edges and objects have some sort of halo around them. Below is some stills highlighting the issue. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

GX010345_Moment.jpg

GX010368_Moment.jpg

GX020368_Moment.jpg

Looks like you've got some condensation inside your housing, either on the lens glass itself or on the port. Try keeping the housing outside so it will warm up and not create condensation when it hits the water. You can also try to slip a desiccant inside the housing. Seems for sure to be fog.

I can't find them on GoPro's website anymore, but they used to sell moisture absorbers. I did a Google search and it appears as though you can still get them from Amazon. They're really flat and I slide one inside the housing right under the camera. It is a tight fit, but it works. I re-use the same one over and over. So buy a handful and they should last you a long time.

I can't find them on GoPro's website anymore, but they used to sell moisture absorbers. I did a Google search and it appears as though you can still get them from Amazon. They're really flat and I slide one inside the housing right under the camera. It is a tight fit, but it works. I re-use the same one over and over. So buy a handful and they should last you a long time.

I have some of these and they are indeed a tight fit. They're also easy to lose if you're not paying attention when removing the camera from the housing, as they'll slide out with the camera due to the snug fit.

Look a little harder, next time :wink::

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/accessories/anti-fog-inserts/AHDAF-302.html

Will try and get hold of the small moisture absorbers.

I am using the IQ-SUB 150m housing.
There are little silica packs in just about everything you buy these days. You can use any one of them that fit and they are free. You can ensure that they are ready to absorb the max amount of ambient moister by running them in the microwave for several cycles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom