Transfers to Puerto Galera about to become even more difficult?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks @Centrals. That's too bad.

Are there speedboats running out of Berberabe now? A driver told me you can share a speedboat from Berberabe to Sabang - has anyone tried that? Is it basically you show up and hope a group appears with a pre-arranged boat that would let you join, i.e. very chancy?

And has anyone ever tried transferring Anilao to PG on Dec 25? My dive op in Anilao has no rooms starting Dec 25 so we have to move. Anilao is offering 2 morning dives on Dec 25 but not sure if anyone in PG will be diving that day. Trying not to lose a day.

YES.
However, they are still available for local transfer ie. beach/island hopping.

AFAIK most if not all operators are in full swing over Christmas Day.
You only concern is across that stretch of water by public transport or even private on that day.

... How long would Ocean Jet provide the service if they do not have enough customers? I saw one of their boat discharged only FOUR passengers arriving from Batangas at Balatero !!

What are the odds that they would be forced to revert back to the previous way of doing things because there was not enough profitability for Ocean Jet to maintain the service? Sounds like someone thought they were going to get more business and instead they only succeeded in shooting themselves in the foot!

Both Island Water and Ocean Jet transferred one each of their boat to serve the route. I can think of only one reason and serving the public is definitely NOT.
Far too many boats are now running between Batangas and Balatero/Mulle. And there are NOT enough passengers to fill them up. Hate to think what would happen during typhoon season. The slower boats running between Batangas and Mulle should survive eventually because it is cheaper and closer to home.

With so many problems I guess I was hoping that service to Sabang might eventually be restored... Wishful thinking I know :rofl3: It was a bit of a pain getting there my last trip in March :(

With so many problems I guess I was hoping that service to Sabang might eventually be restored... Wishful thinking I know :rofl3: It was a bit of a pain getting there my last trip in March :(
Look at the bright side while it last!!!

This whole ferry fiasco has got to be one of the dumbest things They've done in the area, in a long time... Absolutely no more wooden bancas, not even the private boats out of Berberabe. Now it's "cattle boat" or P8,000 for any other private boat, each way.

[Warning: Rant]

Ok, yes, the impact to the tourists (and possible/likely reduction in numbers). But what about all of the business? Not just Sabang, but the surrounding areas as well; diving/tourism related and other. What about the boatmen who just lost their livelihood? What about the locals simply trying to get back and forth for whatever reasons?

But, part of me is really not all that surprised.... :facepalm:

It really is a huge PITA though...

[/Rant]

The daily sailing between Balatero and Abra De Ilog has also been cancelled. The relatively easy way to travel from PG to Pandan Island(Apo Reef) is history.

Philippine Span Asia Carrier Corporation - Wikipedia
Some of us still remember Sulpicio Shipping Co which has involved with several hideous shipping tragedies over the yrs. It has been operated under different names!!!!!

As of now, I will have to rent out the Mindoro Sprinter for $210 when I want to leave Sabang for Batangas so am planning another way.
Maybe trike to Muelle Pier in order to catch a fast craft?
Will it be easy to catch a trike or taxi from El Galleon?
The boat transfer from the hotel will cost 800php.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom