Cabo Pulmo/La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll definitely get a car, for sidetrips, maybe a couple of days in La Paz and stocking up at the grocery store.

I still have yet to visit La Paz. I keep saying I'm going to do it. But I still have not! :p
Pure laziness I think.

So, for accommodations, we're currently looking at:

• Airbnb (really sparse. tiny $50/night cabanas or $300+/night full houses.
  • Alicia's Cabanas - not much info on Facebook, sent a message, no response yet
  • Tres Amigos - sent a message using their web site, but I'm not sure it went through
  • El Encanto - looks nice, but pricey and one of us would have to sleep in a hammock every night
  • Casa Cactus - looks nice, the Secret Garden room might work, still a bit pricey for the space - message sent, no reply yet
  • Baja Bungalows - looks great, message sent, no reply yet
Any other places we should be checking out?

Looks like we are diving with Arturo of Cabo Tours. Hopefully he's not some kind of pirate. :)

Looks like we are diving with Arturo of Cabo Tours. Hopefully he's not some kind of pirate. :)

they have good reviews. you should be fine :p

El Encanto and Tres Amigos were both managed by Henri but I think he just does Tres Amigos now.

Which dates did you select?

We will arrive in Cabo Pulmo on 11/20, but nothing past that is set in stone. If we like the diving, we may dive 6 days. Otherwise, we'll probably just dive 3-4 days, then head up to La Paz.

and from what I have heard here and on TA, the roads have generally improved over the last few years and a 4X4 is no longer required to get to CP.

Thoughts? I'd much rather pay $45/day for a VW Gol than $100/day for a full 4X4 SUV.

The road is rough but you can definitely do it without a 4x4. I generally rent an SUV just to accommodate people and gear. I certainly don't pay 100 per day.

Thanks to kimmi (and everyone else) for the info. Hope you get to dive with this massive herd of bulls!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom