Anti-fog solution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, they're awesome. I found them at a Cozumel dive shop way back when they were labeled SeaVision USA. They're more readily accessible now at some LDS' here.

But shhhh, we probably shouldn't tell the manufacturer they last that long. :wink:
On my last dive I had my baby shampoo spray with me (I do a 50/50 mix with water). I shared with anyone who asked on the boat, they were all astounded at how clear their masks were. One woman said it was the clearest her mask had EVER been, lol.

On my last dive I had my baby shampoo spray with me (I do a 50/50 mix with water). I shared with anyone who asked on the boat, they were all astounded at how clear their masks were. One woman said it was the clearest her mask had EVER been, lol.

is it safe on the eyes?
Do you need to rinse it after putting shampoo and water solution?

I tried the spray mix in the bottle on the boat...I cussed the entire dive...couldn't see worth a crap..it was a vicious cycle of fog, clear the mask, fog clear the mask for 45 minutes..

What Is this flame preparing I saw mentioned

I tried the spray mix in the bottle on the boat...I cussed the entire dive...couldn't see worth a crap..it was a vicious cycle of fog, clear the mask, fog clear the mask for 45 minutes..

What Is this flame preparing I saw mentioned

‘if you have a new mask you need to burn the factory film off the inside before you use it...or else you are going to be frustrated...

is it safe on the eyes?
Do you need to rinse it after putting shampoo and water solution?

Hi, you quoted my post, but mine is about SeaVision spray, which I think is amazing. I don't rinse it after spraying it in my mask. After the rare times my mask leaks, I have never had any eye irritation whatsoever.

I can't speak for the baby shampoo/water in many years except that when people forget theirs, they try my SeaVision and then keep asking for mine or immediately go and buy it for themselves. It's very popular on a boat. It's ok. I have 3 more bottles at home. :)

I use Sea Drops. Only time they haven't worked for me was when I bought my current mask. Burned it once but apparently that wasn't enough. After opening the Gates of Hell on it, the Sea Drops have been great.

Not had good luck with baby shampoo. Switched to 500psi brand anti-fog and it works great. Works best on a dry lens but can be applied to a wet lens. Much thicker than baby shampoo, it coats the lens very nicely and lasts several dives. No eye irritation if one doesn’t get it all out on the rinse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom