Do they not make Scubapro Jetfins 3XL anymore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clayton122

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been wanting to move to a paddle fin for some time now. Specifically Jet fins.

I wear a size US, 14 mens shoe, and a 5mm boot for anything I would use them for. I am specifically wanting them for drysuit diving. I just bought my first drysuit. I have a pair of Scubapro Gorillas atm, and the positive bouancy from them causes me to have floaty feet, and screws my trim up. So I am in search of a heavier non bouant fin.

I have searched high and low for 3XL and simply cant find it. Scubapro HAS them on their size chart, but doesnt sell them. ( 2XL only )

Do they still make 3XL? And if not, can anyone recommend a good substitute?

Hollis F1, although I don't know how large they go. Negative, but a much nicer foot pocket than the Jet fins.

i just sent a pair of XXL Eddy's back to Deep 6. I can guarantee that foot pocket is bigger than Alaska.

Jetfin sizing is seriously weird. I’m a size 7 women’s shoe. I take a small in Atomic fins and a small/medium in Deep6 Eddys.

I take a LARGE in Jetfins. Ridiculous!

I have a new pair of 3XL Jetfins on Ebay.

I will bid on those actually. Question though. Where did you actually get them? Scubapro doesnt make them anymore do they? in that size that is.

I have found that the XXL Poseidon Trident Fins (basically a type of Jet Fin) to be quite roomy and generous -- though I am not quite a fourteen; but they fit well in most bulky dry-boots. There seems to be a great inconsistency in fin sizing -- from brand to brand -- in the last few years, between what was considered XL and XXL. I have some Scubapro and generic pairs, in that size range, as well; and were basically chosen for their negative buoyancy and for use with dry-suits . . .

Poseidon Trident Fins w/Spring Straps | Dive Gear Express®

The guys in Pompano Beach can certainly tell you whether they'd fit . . .

"There is no size standardization between brands of fins . . . and so you cannot assume that a size in one brand of fin is the same dimensions as the size in another brand; even when the designs look very similar. Taking some actual measurements of your boot while on your foot and comparing to our foot pocket dimension charts will help determine the size selection . . ."

-- DGX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom