Fins for big foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have size 15 shoes. I use XXL Jetfins with bungee straps.
1711998133933.png

@lexvil Many thanks, if you have the choice between the super-nova or the s-tek you would rather go to which one ?
Well, I modded my S Tek for better performance, between the two I feel the super nova is the better choice…but you buy S blades for the Super foot pocket so…

The S is a more comfortable flutter kicker because the extra down ° set on the blades for an easier kick but still the SN is much more versatile.

I love bungees. They are easier to pull than springs, last 1,000+ dives, and are cheap and easy to replace. I had a knot in the fins in the photo, but for the past several years I have been fastening the bungees with zip ties.

I'm on the lower end of this spectrum with US size 13s, but just wanted to pass along a tip. Whatever you end up getting, if they don't feel great, do try with a few different kinds of boots before you make a final decision. A lot of people overlook the impact of their boots. I have found that the overall thickness of the boot to be a big factor in fin comfort when you are into the XL range. Good luck!

I'm on the lower end of this spectrum with US size 13s, but just wanted to pass along a tip. Whatever you end up getting, if they don't feel great, do try with a few different kinds of boots before you make a final decision. A lot of people overlook the impact of their boots. I have found that the overall thickness of the boot to be a big factor in fin comfort when you are into the XL range. Good luck!
Boot are the adapter, it’s funny how many people refuse to try different boots/booties plus having fins strapped way to tight

I love bungees. They are easier to pull than springs, last 1,000+ dives, and are cheap and easy to replace. I had a knot in the fins in the photo, but for the past several years I have been fastening the bungees with zip ties.
lol me too i use zip ties

the deep 6 eddies in xxl would fit frankenstein's monster.

Boot are the adapter, it’s funny how many people refuse to try different boots/booties plus having fins strapped way to tight
believe me when you have long feet it s difficult to have a wide variety too choose from anyway. So when i see a pair that fit me i just grab them. actually some size 13 doesn't fit me so i need to take size 14. limited choice just with the sizing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom